Could Abraham be from the Vedas?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It's the principle of the thing, Ish.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Ishtar wrote:
daybrown wrote:
Hard chrome shiny shit is for men
No, men want the virgin whore.

I once walked around the red light district in Malta and between each brothel was a statue of the virgin mary. That's what they want. A virgin who's a whore in the bedroom.
I read that the age of consent on Malta was 12. I can see how they'd do a booming business.

Did you also walk around the Goddess temples? Has anyone done an acoustic study of them yet?

I expect we'll be seeing churches with Mary replacing the cross on the altar. In so many other cultures there are sacred spaces dominated by females, and many of them also offer sacred sex. eg Kali. Did you ever visit a temple to Kali? Did she ever bear a sacred son like Mary?
Any god watching me hasta be bored, and needs to get a life.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Oh ... AH ... temples .... PANT.... prostitutes...... AAAH.... age of consent 12. .... GROAN ... sacred sex ... AWWW. ... Kali ....GASP... Goddess ... GASP ... virgins ..... AAARGH!..... that's better! Phew!

Er...what was that, Daybrown? Er...I don't know.

Now, where was I? Oh yes ...
john

Post by john »

Ishtar wrote:Oh ... AH ... temples .... PANT.... prostitutes...... AAAH.... age of consent 12. .... GROAN ... sacred sex ... AWWW. ... Kali ....GASP... Goddess ... GASP ... virgins ..... AAARGH!..... that's better! Phew!

Ishtar -

Aha.

At last I understand the most ancient use of red ochre!

But the concept of organised Neandertal prostitution still has me a little sideways.............

let alone the first Australian hookers.

Did boats have anything to do with it?

Thanks

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

john wrote:
Ishtar wrote:Oh ... AH ... temples .... PANT.... prostitutes...... AAAH.... age of consent 12. .... GROAN ... sacred sex ... AWWW. ... Kali ....GASP... Goddess ... GASP ... virgins ..... AAARGH!..... that's better! Phew!

Ishtar -
Aha.
At last I understand the most ancient use of red ochre!

But the concept of organised Neandertal prostitution still has me a little sideways.............
let alone the first Australian hookers.
Did boats have anything to do with it?
Thanks john
Good bet. Back when the Goddess temples were built, the whole place had already been clearcut. Kinda like Easter Island, they were stuck there. Not having boats made people more desperate, and one of the things poor families do, is sell their pubescent daughters. If they can do that to an Ashram or temple like Kali's, then they get to feel better about it.

But I am puzzled that I've yet to see a report by anyone who went to Malta who visited the Goddess temples with recording gear to get the resonant frequencies of the alcoves built in the walls, each like a shower stall that has a particular resonant note. With the mike and the audio tape, you'd be able to reconstruct the musical scale they were using 5000 years ago.

And why do they get their panties in a wad over the girls in Thailand and Burma, but not at Malta?
Any god watching me hasta be bored, and needs to get a life.