Copan

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Copan

Post by Minimalist »

I can't update the News page but I can use Google News to see if any new archaeology stories hit the wires.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 3TJDH9.DTL
"The village of Copán Ruinas takes a minimum of three days to enjoy. The magnificent archeological park, located in the Copán Valley, has been a major source of information regarding the ancient Maya civilization. UNESCO declared Copán a heritage of humanity in 1980 and continuous study of the city by archeologists for over a century make it the most studied city of the Maya."
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Thanks Min. Time, circumstances and preoccupation have made it difficult for me to say much around here of late* (see previous remarks about general ignorance of archaeological topics other than ones pertaining to the region I'm always banging on about) so it was nice to read that.
Bit off-topic here but my last move has turned out to be out of the frying pan and if not the fire, then into another frying pan, so I'm moving in with my girlfriend soon which will mean I suddenly have a lot more money providing I can stand firm on her constant need to see expensive shows (Gods bless her) so suddenly I once again am faced with the exciting possibility of being able to afford overseas travel (just the basics of food and bills have been stretching the budget in this place) and it's high time I saw some other bits of Mexico.

* I was considering unkind remarks towards fossiltrader on that other thread but probably couldn't have added anything that hasn't already been pointed out, although no-one seems to have used the word 'arsehole' yet. Still, I guess some of us have thought it.

Oh well - back to the chuffin' calendar.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

no-one seems to have used the word 'arsehole' yet.

Michelle frowns on that one......although I am quite comfortable using it!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin