Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Chuckle...chuckle....

Post by Minimalist »

:D

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/01 ... 5759.shtml

As a creationist paleontologist - who believes dinosaurs lived thousands and not millions of years ago - there's no doubt Taylor has a maverick reputation according to many in the dinosaur-digging community.

But it's not some creation-bashing evolutionist plotting against Taylor.

It's one of his own, another Christian paleontologist and former colleague of Taylor who is suing him for almost $130,000 over the Allosaurus debacle.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Creationists and lawyers sound like a very destructive mixture. Both distort or ignore the truth.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Although I do not agree with his basic premise, this is sad.
Every profession, religion, field of thought, whatever, needs it’s mavericks to stir up the pot of thought.
Otherwise all we get is porridge.
After all, isn’t this a group of pot stirrers?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Actually, this man's tale of woe has nothing to do with his creationist beliefs. He found himself in a dispute, settled the issue in court, and then did not restrain himself from breaking the limitations that he agreed to in court.

He should have known better. :roll:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

After all, isn’t this a group of pot stirrers?

I certainly hope so.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Barracuda

Post by Barracuda »

You mean like on the Flintstones?

Tony Soprano