Deleted

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Charlie Hatchett

More "Birdheads"...

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
marduk

Post by marduk »

Possible PreClovis quadriface- Ventral View- 8.5"- hounslow
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Looks like a candidate for the Dead Parrot Sketch, Charlie!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Starflower

Post by Starflower »

Charlie, I really enjoy your posts, it's nice to see someone so enthusiastic. Personally I am hoping for the earliest dates to be proven as fact. That said, I don't know nothin' bout rocks. It is a sad fact, but a rock looks like a rock to me. Some are prettier than others. I am afraid that if I tripped over a Pre-clovis point...I'd just cut my foot. :roll: Now all ya'll don't make fun of me or try and teach me about rocks.(My Grandpa nearly had an apoplexy when I couldn't tell which tribe made which arrowhead even after he explained the differences to me) I have nothing practical to contribute, so will keep my mouth shut hereafter. Just wanted you to know I was rootin' for ya.

On a sidebar, has anyone else checked out the website for our latest UK member, Manystones? There are pictures of possible Paleolithic rock art.
http://www.palaeolithicart.co.uk/
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"Give us the timber or we'll go all stupid and lawless on your butts". --Redcloud, MTF
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You know what, Star? I used to have the same feeling about Charlie's rocks but after a while you can start to see where an edge has been worked by man and where nature has done its work alone.

Two projectile points, a Clovis (right) and a Folsom (left), excavated from Blackwater Draw.

Solutrean Point.

After a while you can start to see where the knappers have been doing their thing.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Starflower

Post by Starflower »

Okay min, now you're starting to sound like my Grandpa. :wink:
I agree the rocks look worked, but for all I can tell aliens did it :shock: :lol: (and I don't believe in them) That was all I meant, I really wouldn't know a pre-Clovis point if it bit me in the a... :shock:

Star
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"Give us the timber or we'll go all stupid and lawless on your butts". --Redcloud, MTF
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I with you on the rocks Starflower. Charlie looks at a rock and may see all kinds of human working on it. I look at the same rock and wonder how many times I could make it skip across a pond.

BUT - the longer you look at them, you start seeing what Charlie is talking about, as Min was saying. :wink:
marduk

Post by marduk »

BUT - the longer you look at them, you start seeing what Charlie is talking about
same thing works with fundementalists
its a basic premise of brain washing
i've been looking at charlies rocks for a long time and all i see is rocks
:lol:
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

Looks like a candidate for the Dead Parrot Sketch, Charlie!
Good ol' Monty.. 8)
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
marduk

Post by marduk »

My kids just look at me, and shake their heads
like you got rocks in your head
bada boom bada bing
:lol:
stan

Post by stan »

I am willing to believe that a lot of charlies rocks are worked, based on looking over my collection here.
I am sure a geologist will contradict me, but I seems to me that old rocks tend to weather and get smoother over thousands of years, rather than get lots of little nicks along the edges. I mean flint, chert, & other "tooly" rocks.
If they are in running water, they get rounded off, and if they are in the soil, they are pretty much preserved as is
(witness those beautiful clovis and solutrean points posted by Minimalist.)
However, those darn preclovisites didn't seem to have much on the ball, based on the crudeness of their technology.
That tells me that they might be MUCH older than 13000BC.
The deeper you go, the higher you fly.