Deleted

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I wasn't offended by the avatar, but i did have a friend who was sitting behaind me and he said, "wow who is that?" Not offended but it was a minor distraction. Imagine Charlie's daughter walking up behind him and seeing that. She'd definitely be curious as to what daddy was looking at. I agree with Min that the avatars are superfluous and sometimes a distraction. They simply do not matter to me at all. I do think we should all try not to offend one another. After all we're all friends here and friends are considerate of one anothers situations and feelings.
I emailed Charlie and asked him to come back. I have known him longer than the rest of you and I asked him to come here in the first place, so maybe that will hold some water and he will return. I think everyone conducted themselves well after the initial little blow-up. It could have been worse. RS your post about respecting Charlie and offering the peace pipe (I think it's on the other "deleted" thread) was good. You surprise me sometimes.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Let's hope.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Agreed.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:Let's hope.
Hey, Min! How 'bout asking the good folks over at CF to help us along with their accustomed remedies? Couldn't hurt, could it?
You never know!

You could go back to Vegas too, of course. 8)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Not those people.

Dumb as rocks.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
Minimalist wrote:Let's hope.
Hey, Min! How 'bout asking the good folks over at CF to help us along with their accustomed remedies? Couldn't hurt, could it?
You never know!

You could go back to Vegas too, of course. 8)
Bring the CF in and I'll boot your butt to the next universe! :wink:
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I've resisted every entreaty to go in there and join the fray. It would be a cold day in hell before I bring those Fundie nutjobs over here.

It would be like Arch x 100.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:I've resisted every entreaty to go in there and join the fray. It would be a cold day in hell before I bring those Fundie nutjobs over here.

It would be like Arch x 100.
Hey! I didn't say "bring 'm here", I said "their accustomed remedies". Meaning their panacea: kneel down and pray, and everything will be well...
They are the experts at that, and they can do that right where they are, thank you! 8)
Would keep 'm nice & busy, too . . . ! 8)