Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I forgot about the fundis - my bad.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

How can you forget....we've got one in the White House!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Indeed we do. It's my biggest problem with him.
marduk

Post by marduk »

fundementalism comes in many forms
its very easy to spot fundies though and theres two easy methods

1) they continue to believe something that is completely unsupported and when a mountain of evidence suggests otherwise
2. they normally claim that some sort of organisation or group are hiding the truth from everybody as well and think that is a perfectly justifiable reason why anyone who disagrees with them is missing the truth.
they then tend to accuse such people as members of said organisation or group as well and think its part of a huge global conspiracy

sound familiar ?
:lol:
Cognito

Truisms

Post by Cognito »

How about 40 days and 40 nights?
Hey Min, 40 days and 40 nights ain't nothing. How 'bout those 72 virgins? :D

And by the way, when you've gone through 72 do you get another set or must they be recycled? :?
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stor ... 870127.htm
Satellite data is showing that rises in sea level and melting polar ice might be worse than earlier thought, a leading oceanographer says.

Sea levels, rising at 1 millimetre a year before the industrial revolution, are now rising by 3 millimetres a year because of a combination of global warming, polar ice melting and long natural cycles of sea level change.
Sea level rising faster than thought. Could be true of earlier meltdown? I dunno. :?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Truisms

Post by Minimalist »

Cognito wrote:
How about 40 days and 40 nights?
Hey Min, 40 days and 40 nights ain't nothing. How 'bout those 72 virgins? :D

And by the way, when you've gone through 72 do you get another set or must they be recycled? :?
What a dreadful thought... poor bastards are being sold a real bill of goods.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

marduk wrote:
So that puts me in the camp of those who believe the Osirion is an older building.
dude it is inscribed with Hieroglyphs that say who built it
it was Seti the first
In any case....why would a pharoah need 12 ships to get him through the afterlife?
if you understood the egyptian beliefs about the afterlife you would already know the answer to that question
he didn't even know about the Potokia monolith and the Fuente Magna.
the Pokotia monolith is a mesoamerican styled statue carved from a mesoamerican mineral and the fuente magna has been proven fake more times than pamela andersons tits
I know Dr C A Winters personally and although he did the translation even in his opinion its a bad fake
a very bad fake
I've never known the Egyptians to be great seafarers
they were about the worst seafarers in the ancient world
because there is no record of them ever going to sea
the one occaison they made a lengthy river trip (to punt) Queen Hatsheput who commissioned it had her tomb painted with murals of what she regarded as her greatest achievement

bit like you Cogs going down to new mexico for a taco and regarding it as your greatest triumph
I think you already know exactly why there were boats buried by the great pyramid
the Ka (not ford) of the dead pharoah was believed to travel the river of the dead on his way to heaven
at no time and at no place anywhere in the entire history of Egyptian descriptions of the afterlife does it say the Pharoah was swimming
Time to set the record straight on this one. Free ride is over you slow minded pupil of mine.
the Pokotia monolith is a mesoamerican styled statue carved from a mesoamerican mineral and the fuente magna has been proven fake more times than pamela andersons tits

I know Dr C A Winters personally and although he did the translation even in his opinion its a bad fake
a very bad fake
This is another one of those bald faced statements that got you put on ignore status in the first place.

I had decided to post on the Pokotia monolith at about this time. I brought the subject up in this thread to test the waters. I then looked at your post - here it is.

After seeing your answer, I then emailed Professor Winters and asked him if he believed they were authentic. You've read the email - I posted it in the Pokotia thread.

Unfortunately, you just didn't get it. It was supposed to prove your continuing dishonesty in this forum. It does prove that but you are either not sharp enough to understand that or you purposely want to ignore and cover up the obvious.

I have just read some absolutely bizarre things you have said about that email. It's hard to believe. I don't think you're really in touch with things. Maybe you're afraid your friends will find out how very dishonest you have been here. And now continue to be.

I'm saying this very seriously. I think you have mental problems and I think you should be removed from this forum - permanently.
marduk

Post by marduk »

I'm saying this very seriously. I think you have mental problems

nooo i won't stand for that
My psyciatrist says as long as I keep taking the pills I'll be fine
its my therapy group who think i'm nuts
oh
and my psychotherapists says I'm a little bit dodgy
but apart from that
i'm solid
:wink:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

What about the lie?
marduk

Post by marduk »

its no lie at all
i pmed you
ya got conned basically
I'm sure youd rather read how in private than in public
I wouldnt want to embaress you
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I haven't opened your pm. Go ahead and tell me here.
marduk

Post by marduk »

ah you mean you deleted it without reading it
want me to send it again
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Like I said, post it here. Let's see if I'm embarrassed and you didn't lie.
marduk

Post by marduk »

if youre incapable of reading the pm I sent you then heres the last two lines
take a couple of days to think it over and get back to me
peace man
8)
you got until sunday
If I was you I'd use that time to put some distance between you and afrocentrism

in the meantime make sure you read the small print
a very bad fake
Decipherment of the Cuneiform Writing on the Fuente Magna Bowl
by Dr. C. A. Winters
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_8.htm
I stated that the Pokotia monolith is mesoamerican
which means it is a genuine monolith
i then stated that the fuente magna is a fake and Clyde (I'm on first name terms and he gave me permission to call him that, wanna see that e mail do ya ?) knows that
you asked him
Do you now believe that the Pokotia monument and the
Fuente Magna are
genuine, and do you believe they support the
presence of ancient Sumerians
in South America?
We would appreciate your answer and are grateful.
Best Regards
Lee
he replied
Hi
From what I have learned about these monuments from
the people who discovered them I believe they must be
authentic.
Clyde Winters
when he says monuments you have assumed that he is referring to the pokotia and the fuente magna
the pokotia monolith is whats known as a ritual monolith.
there are hundreds maybe even thousands known to science
he wasn't referring to the fuente magna as genuine
he was referring to the pokotia monolith
he knows it isn't a lone relic and hence his usage of plural "monoliths"
the fuente magna is not a monument or a monolith
its a bowl
so
if you want to claim I'm lying
then you had better e mail him back and ask him if the bowl is genuine
hadn't you
because the first time you asked him
he deliberately and very carefully avoided answering your question
and let you believe what you wanted to
which you misinterpreting his answer in line with your personal belief that you had finally got one over on me quickly rushed to this board thinking you had made a point
well
you havent have you
:roll:
but really
if you want to know what he thinks of it then you should have just read his own monograph on the decipherment
where he states
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/7051/Awen3a.htm
Commentary
The cuneiform writing was interesting for two reasons. First, we find that
these panels have proto-Sumerian symbols mixed with the cuneiform symbols. Secondly, whereas, the wedges of most Sumerian cuneiform text point leftward, the wedges of the Fuente cuneiform signs point rightward. This may result from the fact that in the Fuente text , the letters are read from right to left, instead of left to right like the cuneiform text from Mesopotamia.
The passage on the cuneiform panels of the Fuente Bowl seems to be very similar to the Proto-Sumerian inscription on the right side of the bowl. This translation makes it clear that the passage complements my earlier decipherment of the Proto-Sumerian text also found on the left side of the Fuente Bowl.
notes lots of inconsistencies doesnt he
what opinion do you think he made of that later ?

if you want evidence of lying at this forum in the meantime
http://archaeologica.boardbot.com/viewt ... c&start=30
3rd post down is pretty solid

of course none of this points to any evidence that my brain is anything but extremely sharp and well tuned for pseudobullshit
its had a lot of practice