Fingerprints of the Gods - Book Review

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Alright, putting all this accusation bull crap aside for a moment, where in this jumble of links and counter-links does Dr. Winters or anyone say that the Fuente Mangna is fake? Its getting tough to sort through this mess!

:evil:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

He DOESN'T say it, here.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/7051/Awen3a.htm
To translate the cuneiform I used Samuel A. B. Mercer's, Assyrian grammar with chrestomuthy and glossary (N.Y.:AMS Press,1966) to compare the signs found on the Fuente bowl with the cuneiform syllabary. To read the Sumerian text I used John L. Hayes, A Manuel of Sumerian: Grammar and text ( Malibu,CA:Udena Publications, 2000) and John A Halloran, Sumerian Lexicon, http://www.sumerian.org/sumerlex.htm .

I will translate the Sumerian cuneiform in panels 1 and 2 of the

cuneiform text reading from right to left.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Oh Brother! What a load of shit. I'll respond in full later. :roll:
marduk

Post by marduk »

Commentary
The cuneiform writing was interesting for two reasons. First, we find that
these panels have proto-Sumerian symbols mixed with the cuneiform symbols. Secondly, whereas, the wedges of most Sumerian cuneiform text point leftward, the wedges of the Fuente cuneiform signs point rightward. This may result from the fact that in the Fuente text , the letters are read from right to left, instead of left to right like the cuneiform text from Mesopotamia.
The passage on the cuneiform panels of the Fuente Bowl seems to be very similar to the Proto-Sumerian inscription on the right side of the bowl. This translation makes it clear that the passage complements my earlier decipherment of the Proto-Sumerian text also found on the left side of the Fuente Bowl.
So what youre saying Beagle
is that this Genius linguist who is the backbone for your case
who is the only person you have submitted as an expert witness on the claim that the sumerians were in south america
and who is doing it on the strength of a bowl
that has two different types of sumerian writing on it which normally are found on artifacts 1500 years apart which makes this unlike any other example of sumerian writing in the world

and youre claiming that he said this is genuine are ya
a unique example of writing on a perfect unchipped ceramic bowl that is claimed to be 5500 years old from a wet climate on which the letters are written back to front

thats priceless
thanks

like i said in my pm
I will be starting a thread on the works of Clyde Winters in the next two days
if you want to answer in full about how much you agree with everything you have misconstrued he has said then you should do it there
thats would be cooooool
8)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

You're throwing up a lot of smoke and mirrors Padawan. But the issue here is the lie you told.

If you try to label me a centrist of any kind, it will be a lie. See the very first post I made when coming to this forum as a new member.

I am not a Hancock fan. I only bought his first book for this review. I've had no association with him at all. What about you? You are constantly projecting your own feelings onto me. If reviewing a book means that one is a believer of the author, then a lot of people in this forum are religious zealots. What you say about me in that regard is a lie.

We will deal with this lie in simple terms. It has nothing to do with Professor Winters, or linguistics, or centrism. It only has to do with you.
marduk

Post by marduk »

you claimed that he said the fuente magna is genuine
i said he didn't believe that
who was lying
he hasn't at any time stated that its a genuine sumerian artifact as he knows they didnt write backwards and he knows that they didn't use two scripts from different periods in history
unless you have some actual evidence where he specifically says it is then youre left with the fact that he admits the text is written backwards and in two different langauges seperated by 1500 years

still when I start my new thread tomorrow on afrocentrism I'll be sure to copy all your quotes over where you credit him as a recognised expert in linguistics
The proto - sumerian script was translated by an Etymologist.
oops my bad
you said etymologist didn't you
well he's not
he doesnt have any qualifications in this field at all
his phd is in criminal psycology

this means he is a qualified psycologist
not an expert on Sumerian
or proto sumerian
or any other language
so wether he thinks the fuente is genuine or not is kinda irrelevant if you think about it
but from your position Beagle
you started out wanting to believe it was authentic
so you looked for supporting evidence and you found Clyde
you gotta admit
theres a vast amount of evidence that says it isn't havent you
:lol:
for what its worth the Fuente Magna is a fake
imo
someone copied the script out of a book without really understanding what they were copying

I offered you a truce in that pm
do you want to take it or not
if you do
in future i will help you with credible sources and I'll be nice about it
that way you won't fall down into the quicksand like you have with afrocentrism
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I offered you a truce in that pm
do you want to take it or not
if you do
in future i will help you with credible sources and I'll be nice about it
that way you won't fall down into the quicksand like you have with afrocentrism
I didn't read the pm.
You seem to be threatening to try to label me an afrocentrist.
If you stick around this forum Padawan, I'll be helping you broaden the horizons of your mind.

I repeat, this is about one statement that you made that is a lie.
Later, you will have the opportunity in this forum to endorse a letter to Professor Winters.
marduk

Post by marduk »

you think youre a jedi knight is that it Lee
I'm not
see thats just a film
and I am not a trainee at anything
and clearly as I have proved
At no time did I lie
I have proved that you lied already though so is this just jealousy on your part that I could do something you have utterly failed to

and I don't need to endorse any lettes to Clyde
as I have already said
I am on first name terms with him
and have been for over two years
hes a great guy really
very friendly
and very very helpful to people who ask him the right questions
:wink:

so you are turning down the oppotunity of a truce then
that clearly marks you down as the agressor now doesnt it
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

so you are turning down the oppotunity of a truce then
that clearly marks you down as the agressor now doesnt it
I'm glad to see you admit that you have been the agressor to this point.

History:

I ignored you before you got banned last time. I continued to ignore you when you came back. You used that opportunty to harass Min and myself and to tell lies about us.

When I started the Pokotia thread, I stopped ignoring you for a brief time.
As I went back to ignoring you I asked you to ignore me also. You wouldn't. You continued to harass us both and mucked up every thread we posted in.

This thread has been deliberately and maliciously taken off topic by you and a couple of friends. It will go back on topic after our conversation about the lie you told.

You cannot expect me to see this plea of yours as anything but a desparate attempt to stop the discussion about this lie.

Also, you are threatening me in some manner. You better face facts. You've been caught in a bald faced lie. It's happened before, and before you recruited some new people to join here. BTW, that does not come close to making up for the people that have left here because of you. I'm hoping they'll come back someday.
marduk

Post by marduk »

Beagle
your last post was full of lies
youre not the only person who reads these forums you know
and as for being the agressor
how about when you started this conversation by calling me a liar which you still havent provided any proof for
so
enough of you
I will no complain officially to the mod and the admin about your behaviour
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

After pages and pages of calling me names and harassing me, you are running to the mods. What have you told so many people about the kitchen and the heat?

I guess your friends are seeing what kind of a fellow you really are when a guy doesn't have his back turned to you.
marduk

Post by marduk »

more insults
also against the c of c
fyi i told michelle two days ago that I would be nice from now on
and I have been
I also have offered you a truce twice which you have turned down
seems you are actually trying to get banned Beagle
had enough of this forum have you ?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

c of c
What is this?
marduk

Post by marduk »

http://archaeologica.boardbot.com/viewtopic.php?t=39
little late to be asking that now
but congrats anyway
thats the first post you have probably ever made to me that wasn't insulting
did it make you feel as good to write it that it made me to receive it
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

fyi i told michelle two days ago that I would be nice from now on
and I have been
Threatening me is being nice huh?

Actually, after I get this lie settled, I'm probably going to try ignoring you again. But you're not going to be doing what you have been doing. I'm going to be looking from time to time.

You posting the rules is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Like pigs flying. Read them carefully though.

If you won't endorse a letter, perhaps you will let the forum know if you agree with it or not. I can always send Professor Winter a link to this thread and others. :wink: