Holocaust in America?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Frank Harrist wrote:Ok so I did some studying and it seems that cro-magnon and homo sapiens sapiens are one and the same. Duh. Shows how much I know. :roll: I've been called a cro-magnon before and I thought it was an insult.
That's what I thought. They are of the Lascaux and Altamira cave art fame.
And, if the holocaust theory holds, the granddaddy of Clovis Man!
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rokcet Scientist

Frank Harrist wrote:Where is this at? I want to go! You live in Amsterdam? :shock:
Yep. Well, the suburbs of Amsterdam, to be more precise.
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Frank Harrist wrote:Ok so I did some studying and it seems that cro-magnon and homo sapiens sapiens are one and the same. Duh. Shows how much I know. :roll: I've been called a cro-magnon before and I thought it was an insult.

ROTFLMAO!

Maybe you have to go by the tone of their voice, Frank?
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Minimalist wrote:

ROTFLMAO!

Maybe you have to go by the tone of their voice, Frank?
Indeed! I'll just have to tell them that I'm not from that particular area. :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Okay, guys, this may be of interest. Would be nice if Ken were still around to chip in on this.

http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/inde ... #preclovis
It is easy to see where the opposition to an alternate or new view of the peopling of the Americas comes from. Many anthropologists and archaeologists have invested their entire careers into developing the 'Clovis first' theory, and their academic reputations are at stake. For them to admit that peoples other than the Asiatic Mongoloids may have been present in Paleolithic America would require a complete reassessment of their preconceived worldview, and that is a daunting task for anyone to undertake. So much time and effort has been spent and ink spilled in defense of the status quo that a new paradigm, whatever its nature, faces an uphill battle before it is widely accepted.

However, this new paradigm has arrived, and cannot forever be ignored. We have seen that indisputable physical evidence of non-Asian peoples in ancient America does exist, from Caucasoids in North America to Negroids in South America, and this physical evidence should be examined and studied on an open-minded, scientific basis. Regardless of how some experts with ideological axes to grind may feel, the evidence is here to stay and cannot be covered up indefinitely.
Rokcet Scientist

Yes, Mini, I gathered as much.
Another strong argument for opposing my 'holocaust theory' or variations thereof, in my opinion, is a 'politically correct' stance of the powers that be: I – and they! – expect the Indian (or 'First') nations to violently oppose this new reality if it came to be the official view. And that is the last thing governments want! I.o.w. the powers that be have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. 'They' sacrifice truth for peace! Yes, it's as banal as that: it's a political trade-off. That makes for an uphill battle against the most powerful force on earth today! Not an appealing vista...
However, like this guy said: "the evidence is here to stay and cannot be covered up indefinitely". And Galileo and Copernicus were also vindicated in the end, weren't they?
And as a proponent of this 'holocaust theory' I count myself VERY lucky not to be a US citizen when I see how the current US government treats those it doesn't 'like' . . .

Post by Guest »

RS, I can only add one thing to your theory. There were people here before the Clovis/Solutreans arrived. There is evidence to that effect coming to light all over north and south america. I'll find some links when I have time and post them.
Rokcet Scientist

Anonymous wrote:RS, I can only add one thing to your theory. There were people here before the Clovis/Solutreans arrived. There is evidence to that effect coming to light all over north and south america. I'll find some links when I have time and post them.
No Lo Contendere, Anonymous! Lots of peoples arrived in America over time. Maybe even by 'boat' (Monte Verde?; although that is only marginally older than Clovis!). Only, those more ancient primitive peoples, who, it seems, came mainly from the West, never seemed to stray far from the western coasts of the Americas, afaik, according to the paleological/archeological record. This is very unlike the Clovis culture, whose paleological/archeological record covers very large tracts of the North-American landmass. They ranged far and wide across the continent in a relatively short space of time. The Clovis culture was very different!
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Harrist

It's MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Post by Frank Harrist »

Anonymous was me. Durn thang keeps loggin' me out. Monte Verde was one of the sites I was trying to think of. There are others in the USA. Topper is one, though it is still being debated. Cactus hill is one which supports your theory. Google those two if you haven't already.

Oh and BTW I posted your theory to another website which has an archaeology section. No reaction as yet, but I'll let you know.
http://bizmo.net/forums/index.php
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You know, Frank, I don't have the logging out problem that you do. In fact, I haven't had to log in since I first joined the site. Is it possible that your 'cookies' are not set properly for the site to 'remember' you?

Post by Guest »

It's the way this computer (at work) is set up and I don't know how to change it. It's not a big problem. I just need to pay more attention when I post.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

If you have a tech support guy he could probably fix it for you in a minute. They usually have to be bribed.....a couple of donuts should do it.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Unfortunately this is a very small outfit and I'm about the best tech-support guy we have. I've tried the usual stuff to fix it, but to no avail. I'll just have to live with it. It's not a big deal. I seldom say anything that I actually want to get credit for. :)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

LOL.

There is a way to adjust the security settings for this site on your computer. I can't think of a safer-for-work site on the whole internet than Archaeologica.Org!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Okay. Back to work.

Evidence grows N. America's first colonizers were European
LONDON — Stone Age Europeans were the first trans-Atlantic sailors. Columbus and the Vikings were mere ocean-crossing latecomers, according to a leading American anthropologist. Dennis Stanford, of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, says Neolithic fishermen and hunters sailed the Atlantic in tiny boats made of animal skins 18,000 years ago and colonized the eastern United States.