275 Million Years of Fire

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

marduk

Post by marduk »

that is what evolutionists tell you but they weren't alive back then nor dothey have any scientific research to back up their claims from any time period before the 1800's a.d.
never heard of the egyptian king list
or the sumerian king list
or the Hittite king list
or the lists of roman caesars
or the lists of kings of greece
or the lists of british monarchy which runs from Egbert (802-39ACE)
and by the way, its not AD anymore
that went out with Usher
:lol:
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

It's pretty stupid to think that if no one was around to see it happen, then it couldn't have happened. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, it still makes a noise. That is proveable by real science. Who was around to see god create the earth? how do we know that happened if nobody saw it? Faith? Funny how you can use faith, but we can't and even when we have data to back up our claims you always fall back on the "nobody saw it" thing. You sound like Bart Simpson. "I didn't do anything, nobody saw me." Why is it that you think all scientists have an agenda to discredit the bible. To devote your life to a pursuit such as discrediting the bible you have to deem it important. Most rational people don't think the bible is important enough to even be considered. What scientists, most of them, do is search for the truth and the facts regardless of whether they support or do not support the bible. It simply doesn't enter into the equation. It has to mean something to someone for them to care one way or the other. It's just a book, like billions of other books. You think it's a conspiracy among all scientists to disprove the bible. It's just not important. It ain't hurtin' scientists for you to believe in fairy tales. Go ahead.

Also, scientists police one another very effectively. Something goes against established theory they try their best to prove it wrong. The first established theory was the one you subscribe to. "God made it all, everything is by his will." It takes a lot to tear down established theory. Just look how long die-hards like arch have held on to antiquated beliefs and theories. So don't trust scientists. They don't trust each other so they test their theories endlessely. The ones that survive are the ones that stand the tests. Evolution has survived.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

[quote="archaeologist"][quote]Coal is a sedimentary rock formed from plants that flourished millions of years ago. Over millions of years, deepening sediment layers exerted tremendous heat and pressure on the underlying plant matter, which eventually became coal.[/quote]

that is what evolutionists tell you but they weren't alive back then nor dothey have any scientific research to back up their claims from any time period before the 1800's a.d.

so why believe them? they don't care what happens to you.[/quote]

Arch, where in the hell did you ever come up with the idea that coal is formed by evolution. ROFLMAO over that one.

Where you around when your God so called created the world? I doubt it, so how do you know exactly what happened? Other than some man back several thousand years said so, you have no scientific research or proof of any concrete, testable kind.

You need to broaden your sphere of intelligence to include some science, not just mythology (excuse me Christian mythology as there are many others). Geology might be a good place to start.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Leona, I post this as a special favor for you. Unfortunately, arch is not alone....there are lots of assholes out there and some of them put stupid stuff on the internet for other assholes to read. Here, for your perusal, is one such thing which arch will doubtless swear is GOD"S OWN TRUTH.

My ribs are still hurting from laughing but I leave it to you to find your own way.

Cheers!

http://www.theophilus.org/ofc/vapor.html
Palm tree fossils have been found in Alaska. How did palm trees get to Alaska? Some textbooks say that they traveled there. It is called tectonic plate movement. How long would it take a palm tree to travel from southern California to Alaska? About 20 million years. However, the oldest palm trees they have found in Alaska, according to current dating techniques, is only 10,000 years old. You can't have a 10,000 year old tree making a 20 million year trip.
And, of course...coal.
Coal deposits provide another bit of evidence. How is coal made? Plant material buried under time and pressure and heat becomes coal. They've found coal deposits in the Antarctica. It must have been warm enough for trees to grow there sometime in the past.
Which is true enough except it takes millions of years not a couple of thousand.

And for the non-intellectually challenged:
Coal consists of more than 50 percent by weight and more than 70 percent by volume of carbonaceous material (including inherent moisture). Coal is formed from plant remains that have been compacted, hardened, chemically altered, and metamorphosed by heat and pressure over geologic time. Much coal was formed from ancient plants that grew in swamp ecosystems. When such plants died, their biomass was deposited in anaerobic, aquatic environments where low oxygen levels prevented their decay and oxidation (rotting and release of carbon dioxide). Successive generations of this type of plant growth and death formed thick deposits of unoxidized organic matter that were subsequently covered by sediments and compacted into carbonaceous deposits such as peat or bituminous or anthracite coal. Evidence of the types of plants that contributed to carbonaceous deposits can occasionally be found in the shale and sandstone sediments that overlie coal deposits, and with special techniques, within the coal itself. The greatest coal-forming time in geologic history was during the Carboniferous era (280 to 345 million years ago).
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

"Amazing, isn't it?"

O K! Thanks, I think. Kinda out there if you ask me, but then they all are, in their own little world.

I wish I only had hurt ribs. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to buy a new desk chair. :wink:

Since the internet is free, I guess anyone can post whatever dribble they want. But what is truly scary is that they believe it.

Sometimes I think the reason Arch doesn't believe in evolution is that he has no idea of what it is.

Let's hope he's enjoying his vacation, and that the Fruit Loop factory doesn't keep him as a specimen.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin