More Archaeology

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

marduk

Post by marduk »

so in your opinion I will never prove anything that upsets the clubs balance and at the same time obliterates your personal belief in people like Hancock, Bauval, Schoch and Collins
:lol:
muhahaha :twisted:
Cognito

Marduk

Post by Cognito »

Marduk always has an inflated opinion of himself, Monk.

Devil? Hardly. Pompous ass? Assuredly. Club Wannabe? Of the highest order.
Alright ... that gives me an idea for my online store. I'm adding a Club Card to the catalog! Something designed similar to this:

I'm ordering all four babes on a group discount. The Card by the Club, don't leave home without it! :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I like that Cogs. :lol:
marduk

Post by marduk »

you would
having a card like that would probably be the only time you ever got any action
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbc ... /1002/NEWS
The Hedgepeth Mounds site, one of seven sites of ancient mounds in Lincoln Parish, has revealed a few secrets to Joe Saunders and his team since they refocused their attention there last December.

The two main mounds, structures believed older than the pyramids of Egypt, have companions. Saunders said that shows a strong relationship to the site at Watson Brake and a larger system of organization in the culture that built them.

Up to four more earthen mounds found in the area by Bayou D'Arbonne could also be man-made, American Indian mounds, Saunders said.
From the Daily Grail
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=352560&sid=FTP
Panaji, Feb 07: Renowned German Indologist and scientist of religion, Egbert Richter Ushanas today claimed that he has unravelled the mystery of Indus Valley scripts by decoding major seals and tablets found during various archaeological excavations.

"Already 1,000-odd seals are decoded and of them, 300-odd are printed in monography -- the message of Indus seals and tablets," stated Richter, who has also decoded tablets from Easter Island in Pacific Ocean and disc of Phaistos on Island of Crete in Meditarrenean Sea.

"All the seals are based on Vedas -- Rig Veda and Atharva Veda," Richter told a news agency here.

He is here to attend the International Indology Conference, beginning from February 7.

Richter, who began decoding the mysteries behind the seals way back in 1988, feels that after decoding 1,000-odd seals, there is no need to decode the rest.

"You need not eat all apples of world to understand the apple. Few apples are enough," he quipped.

The path-breaking decoding by Richter is based on the Sumerian and Brahmi script wherein he has detected the lost meaning of the seals which can be traced to Vedic era.

A Vedic scholar himself, Richter during the course of unravelling the Indus Valley mysteries, has translated all the important Vedic hymns and is a Sanskrit exponent too.
I've quoted the whole article since it was short. It'll be nice when the general public gets to read these translations.

The Harrapan civilization served as a bridge between the middle east and India. And, IMO, there is something to be seen from the similarities in the stories of Abraham and Brahma. These translations may help clear that up. 8)
Gary Svindal

Post by Gary Svindal »

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=76855

Bulgaria-Unearthed Temples A Millenium Older than Egypt Pyramids
Lifestyle: 18 February 2007, Sunday.

Temples that archaeologists have unearthed in the eastern Rhodope Mountains in Bulgaria are about a thousand years older than the pyramids in Egypt and the Mesopotamian civilization, experts claim.

Archaeologists Ana Raduncheva and Stefanka Ivanova said in an interview for BTA that the whole system of temples in the Rhodope region dated back to the Vth millenium B.C. This is almost 4,000 years before the Thracian people settled on these lands.

At the end of the Chalcolithic Age, the rock temples were abandoned for a large period of time. The Thracians rediscovered them about 2,500 years later, the archaeologists claim.
Cognito

Civilisation

Post by Cognito »

Temples that archaeologists have unearthed in the eastern Rhodope Mountains in Bulgaria are about a thousand years older than the pyramids in Egypt and the Mesopotamian civilization, experts claim.
I sure would like to know who the "experts" are. Mesopotamian Sumerian civilisation was in full swing at 3500bce which is the Fourth Millenium. :roll:
stan

Post by stan »

alas, another tantalizing article with no visuals. :evil:
The deeper you go, the higher you fly.
marduk

Post by marduk »

I sure would like to know who the "experts" are. Mesopotamian Sumerian civilisation was in full swing at 3500bce which is the Fourth Millenium
why do people keep making this crap up
last year it was the mysterious cover up by archaeologists of the Vinca culture
now its the Bulgarians
Osmaganic needs to hurry up
hes two years old now
Cognito

Sam

Post by Cognito »

Don't break bad on Sam. It takes time to build an amusement park! :D

I wonder what he'll charge for the Indiana Jones ride and how much we'll be expected to spend on the hat. :roll:
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Marduk, Cogs -
Are you guys open the possibility that people and possibly whole civilizations existed at the same as the Sumerians?

Maybe these Bulgarian claims will fall through, maybe not. Let's see the evidence.

:)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You'll never get one of these with THAT attitude, Monk!

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Civilisations

Post by Cognito »

Marduk, Cogs -
Are you guys open the possibility that people and possibly whole civilizations existed at the same as the Sumerians?

Maybe these Bulgarian claims will fall through, maybe not. Let's see the evidence.
Actually, I was responding to the "experts" statement that the Bulgarian temples pre-dated Mesopotamian civilisation by a thousand years when in fact they appear to be contemporary. I am open not only to the possibility of contemporaneous civilisations but also to older, proto-civilisations in selected areas.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Gary Svindal wrote:http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=76855

Bulgaria-Unearthed Temples A Millenium Older than Egypt Pyramids
Lifestyle: 18 February 2007, Sunday.

Archaeologists Ana Raduncheva and Stefanka Ivanova said in an interview for BTA that the whole system of temples in the Rhodope region dated back to the Vth millenium B.C. This is almost 4,000 years before the Thracian people settled on these lands.

At the end of the Chalcolithic Age, the rock temples were abandoned for a large period of time. The Thracians rediscovered them about 2,500 years later, the archaeologists claim.
Thanks for the article Gary. So these temples have been found in Bulgaria. They also exist elsewhere in Europe. Here is a link posted here on May 24, 06.

http://www.jcrows.com/europesoldestcivilization.html

It was in "Europes oldest Civilization". I wonder how many more of these 7,000 yr. old temples will be found.