Archaeology at Nazareth

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Excerpt From Chapter 5

Over 270 tribes have been documented to be proponents of the notion that the whole world was once inundated by water. Here is one from the Greenlander tribe of Canada:

“The world once overturned. Some people were turned into fiery spirits, all the rest drowned but one. Afterwards, the survivor smote the ground with his stick, a woman sprung out, and the two of them repopulated the world. Proof of the flood is found in the form of sea fossils on high mountains.”

So? It has as much credibility as the Noah tale....which is zilch.

What's your point?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Here you go, Donna.

Use it in good health!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Min, what are the odds that 300 ancient tribes from all over the world would have essentially the same legend about a Deluge which covered the earth, and which saved those who survived in a vessel of wood?

Post by Guest »

Donna, I guess you can't be specific, so you should work on that.
marduk

Post by marduk »

what are the odds that 300 ancient tribes from all over the world would have essentially the same legend about a Deluge which covered the earth, and which saved those who survived in a vessel of wood
depends Jim
where were they all living when the flood hit them ?
:lol:

Post by Guest »

Marduk, either you don't (surprisingly) understand the post-Deluge migration from eastern Turkey concept, or you're just being obstinant.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

[quote="Donna"][quote="Genesis Veracity"]Hey min, to read about the historical accuracy of the Gospels, check-out article #5 at www.GenesisVeracity.com.[/quote]

I don't know if Min. read your articles but I did. Are you kidding? Those articles have as much validity as me saying "Pigs can fly."
:roll:
Donna[/quote]

Good girl. I think that when he finally gets the book published, they should shelf it with the fiction section under fairy tales.

Or maybe with the non-fiction under "how to double talk" as that seems to be the only thing he's really good at.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Genesis Veracity wrote:Min, what are the odds that 300 ancient tribes from all over the world would have essentially the same legend about a Deluge which covered the earth, and which saved those who survived in a vessel of wood?

Almost nil, and Hancock points out that there are nearly 600 variants of the flood myth and thats only from the cultures which haven't been thoroughly exterminated by the passage of time.....but that merely means that the Noah account was stolen from an older source. In that particular case, we even know which one.

See Gilgamesh.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

"Almost nil," you're right, the odds are astronomically high that all those far-flung tribes would have essentially the same legend of a Global Encompassing Deluge, with a few surviving in a wooden vessel.

Of course there are other legends of which you speak, like about Atlantis, the Aegean islands, Kumari Kandam, Rama, and Sunda, which are plainly about a rise in sea level, no saving wooden vessel needed.

That'll be a good research project for you min.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Genesis Veracity wrote:Donna, I guess you can't be specific, so you should work on that.
Now you are jumping to conclusions about me. I can get more specific than you can imagine. The point is I've done enough research to know that just because someone states something doesn't make it true. You have to read and study lots of different theories and ideas and use your GOD given or Evolved brain to come to a reasonable point of view. You can do that for yourself. I don't understand true believers that reduce God to some sort of Merlin type magician rather than believing he uses method, logic and science.
The reason I didn't reply immediately was I was checking out The Rapture Ready Board to see if I should bother going to the grocery store today.
:?:
Donna
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Lots did not use a boat. Some climbed trees or mountains. The Sumerian tale, which the exiled Hebrews plagiarized while they were sitting on their asses in Babylon, used a boat so the plagiarized version used a boat, too.

I'm sure the King of Babylon appreciated the gesture. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

You have to read and study lots of different theories and ideas and use your GOD given or Evolved brain to come to a reasonable point of view
can i stop you right there Donna
personally I blame my parents for my brain
and believe me the only person they were praising when they made that happen was Neil Armstrong
anyone want to guess what night I was conceived
hehehe
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I was checking out The Rapture Ready Board to see if I should bother going to the grocery store today.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

See Gilgamesh
hmmm what an akkadian text,
surely you mean
see "the flood story" a sumerian text from a thousand years earlier
:wink:
thats the one where Enlil sends the flood because the noise from the humans is keeping him awake
but like
haven't we all felt like that when a party is going on next door
much more understandable than
'I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and creeping thing, and fowl of the air; for it repenteth Me that I have made them.'
actually thinking about it has anyone got the number for the Hague just in case his son turns up again ?
Donna

Post by Donna »

marduk wrote:
You have to read and study lots of different theories and ideas and use your GOD given or Evolved brain to come to a reasonable point of view
can i stop you right there Donna
personally I blame my parents for my brain
and believe me the only person they were praising when they made that happen was Neil Armstrong
anyone want to guess what night I was conceived
hehehe
Okay, I should have added inherited brain. You know, there were people that thought Neil Armstrong was filmed walking on the moon in a studio. I'm not one of them.
Donna