Books you own that you're not proud of.....

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

oldarchystudent

Books you own that you're not proud of.....

Post by oldarchystudent »

This was started in another thread but was unrelated to the topic.

I have some real clunkers...

Chariots of the Gods
The Atlantis Blueprint (Atlantis is under Antarctica....)
Holy Grail Across the Atlantic (The Knights Templar were in Nova Scotia)
100,000 Years of Man's Unknown History (assorted lunacy)

Chariots of the Gods I was into during highschool

Atlantis Blueprint - I think I picked this up on a bargain table.....

Holy Grail Across the Atlantic - the Sinclair voyage sounded plausable, bot so sure now

100,000 years - I have no excuse but it was a long time ago....

Any other confessions out there?
My karma ran over my dogma.
bandit

Post by bandit »

Fingerprints of the Gods

The Stairway to Heaven

Neither of which I have read yet. They were given to me quite a while ago by my brother (don't remember why)

I'm sure I have others on the shelf, a few about the Templars that I purchased because I want to learn more about them, but I cannot tell the legit from the loony.Image
Last edited by bandit on Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The bible.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Donna

Post by Donna »

The one I'm reading now. Supernatural by Graham Hancock. The first part was interesting but now it has wandered off about UFO experiences and seems like gobblity gook. I have a compulsion to finish reading whatever I start though so I'll probably finish it. He is totally off the wall on some things but some of his stuff gives you something to think about at least.
I would also include some of the Templer stuff I've read as being far fetched and stuff about Atlantis but I can't even remember the names of the books right now and I'm too lazy to go look.
Donna :oops:
marduk

Post by marduk »

how can you all miss the all time number one
the one that the author himself admitted later was a load of crap after first claiming that it was the result of ten years research
anyone know what I'm talking about or shall i just say "Alan" (CLUE)
Donna

Post by Donna »

I give up what is it?
Donna :?:
bandit

Post by bandit »

Would it be the one that was promoted on the Oprah Winfrey book club?

I don't remember the title, but it had a picture of a hand covered in some kind of sprinkle stuff.
bandit

Post by bandit »

Never mind, I just remembered it was "A million little pieces" so that can't be it.

Even though that one was debunked also.
marduk

Post by marduk »

I give up what is it?
Donna
Gods of the new millenium by Alan "Awful" Alford
Sitchin later threatened to sue him for $50,000,000 for admitting publically that it was a load of bollox (he'd based it on Zechariahs solid (not so really) research)
:lol:
In 1997/98, on the back of a three-book contract from Hodder and Stoughton Publishers, I set about finding further scientific evidence of the Anunnaki-gods. The intention was to produce the kind of sequel that writers normally produce – aptly summed up by the expression ‘more of the same’. To this end, I decided to write a book about ancient Egypt, partly because Egypt was in vogue following the publication of ‘The Orion Mystery’ and similar books, and partly because Sitchin had not fully covered the rich Egyptian lore in his ‘Earth Chronicles’ series. I therefore began to pore over the ancient Egyptian writings, looking for evidence of extraterrestrial contact.

But I did not find what I expected to find
Alan Alford
Essan

Post by Essan »

I'm proud to say that I no longer own Gods of the New Millenoium - but I did buy it once ......

I actually have quite a library of 'embarassing' books: they do make good light readng on a Sunday afternoon .... :D

It does help to know how and where people originally get their weird and wonderful ideas from. Especially since most authors fo such books only reference one another...

The Reference section of Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods is one of the funniest things he's ever written!

Anyway, amongst others, I've got stuff by Von Daniken, Rand Flem-Ath, Colin Wilson, Graham Hancock, Andrew Collins, Charles Hapgood, Paul LaViolette all safely hidden from sight in a sideboard. Oh, and even a signed copy of Nigel Appleby's Hall of the Gods - which was so good it was withdrawn and pulped after a week on sale :o

I have never, ever, bought anything by Sitchin though.

Post by Guest »

besides every evolutionist book--- Claudius Ptolemy's book 'The Geography"