Oh Christ!!

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Oh Christ!!

Post by Minimalist »

History International will begin running a series called "The Naked Archaeologist" on Monday.

The producer is none other than Simcha Jacobovici of recent "The Exodus Decoded" fame....(infamy?)

I know I shouldn't watch but like a moth to a flame..................
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

You'll have to tell us about it Min. Many of us, me especially, don't subscribe to HI. I agree though - this doesn't sound too exciting,
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Beags,

Here is some "background" on it/him http://www.uktv.co.uk/?uktv=standardite ... aID=539121

:roll:
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
marduk

Post by marduk »

History International
lol
sounds like a Gerry Anderson puppet show to me
:lol:
is this Simcha Jacobovici
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

that the invention of the alphabet contributed to the Biblical Exodus; that recently discovered Bronze Age ceramic penises may explain why Delilah fell for Samson; and that an African army rescued Jerusalem in the 8th Century B.C.

?

I wonder where these "theories" came from, Michelle? Perhaps, like a certain president of the us, he sets up straw men so he has something to knock down?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

MichelleH wrote:Beags,

Here is some "background" on it/him http://www.uktv.co.uk/?uktv=standardite ... aID=539121

:roll:
Thanks Michelle. Yes, this fellow actually put on a good production I thought (dramatic music, good computer graphics, and new twists on old ideas) He still has me thinking about the Hyksos occupation.

But then he tried to make the Santorini volcano responsible for the entire book of Exodus. Too bad. I would watch more stuff of his though.

'Preciate it.
marduk

Post by marduk »

But then he tried to make the Santorini volcano responsible for the entire book of Exodus
Hebrew redactionism is alive and well

Post by Guest »

sorry michelle, but i have to go wih minimalist on this. in reading that bio you posted the only feeling i got was to find the nearest washroom and upchuck.

jacobivici has to be the van daniken of the movie industry and that blurb on him didn't help his credibility.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

the only feeling i got was to find the nearest washroom and upchuck.

Maybe it won't be as bad as the other thing?

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

“Where do you stop for a good falafel when you’re on your way to find the real Mount Sinai?”
Oh my aching sides. :|
I'm no expert but this all looks a bit "Archaeology is the new rock'n'roll" to me. Give it about six months and something else will be the new rock'n'roll. Maybe rock'n'roll will be the new rock'n'roll?
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Ahh..arch....I believe you misunderstood.

I am no fan of this man. I put the word "background" in quotes to connote sarcasm.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I did offer you the "sarcasm" smilie, boss.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Ahh..arch....I believe you misunderstood
sorry but i missed the quotes, my fault. but i think my response was still funny.

actually it kindof saddens me that this guy is giventhe opportunity to mess with history and scriptures. if his research in 'the exodus decoded' is any example of his work to come, we are all in for a world of hurt and misinformation.

minimalist, i checked and my cable company did not make a contract with history channel so although it is possible to get it here , i can't watch it as it is not carried by my server. so if you happen to make any copies, i would be interested in viewing one or two of his 'shows'.

till next time
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

[/quote]i would be interested in viewing one or two of his 'shows'.

You'd be risking your dinner but I'll see what I can do.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

if his research in 'the exodus decoded' is any example of his work to come, we are all in for a world of hurt and misinformation.
so how will we notice the difference