Oh Christ!!

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I gotta agree that this guy's a nut case, but I'll probably still watch, if only so I can ridicule him in a more informed manner.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Arch, here's a link to the series preview.

http://a614.g.akamai.net/7/614/221/v001 ... _oct30.wmv
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

well i am still interested as i would like to know what he is saying and how he is saying it. given what little that blurb offered, i dread to see what he has concluded or hypothesized or what 'evidence' he relies upon or ignores but i need to see it for myself.

thanks if you can accomaodate .
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Admit it, Arch....you still haven't recovered from the "Israelites in Athens" segment, have you? Don't worry....I haven't either.

For reference, here is a list of the upcoming broadcasts and the titles. Some of them may be of particular interest to you.
HISI Monday, October 30 11:00 PM Delilah's People
HISI Monday, October 30 11:30 PM Who Invented the Alphabet?
HISI Tuesday, October 31 7:00 PM Jerusalem and the Black Prince
HISI Tuesday, October 31 7:30 PM What Killed Herod?
HISI Tuesday, October 31 11:00 PM Jerusalem and the Black Prince
HISI Tuesday, October 31 11:30 PM What Killed Herod?
HISI Wednesday, November 1 7:00 PM Real or Fake?
HISI Wednesday, November 1 7:30 PM Fame & Forgery
HISI Wednesday, November 1 11:00 PM Real or Fake?
HISI Wednesday, November 1 11:30 PM Fame & Forgery
HISI Thursday, November 2 7:00 PM Accidental Archaeology
HISI Thursday, November 2 7:30 PM Biblical Food
HISI Thursday, November 2 11:00 PM Accidental Archaeology
HISI Thursday, November 2 11:30 PM Biblical Food
HISI Friday, November 3 7:00 PM Jesus: The Early Years
HISI Friday, November 3 7:30 PM John the Baptist
HISI Friday, November 3 11:00 PM Jesus: The Early Years
HISI Friday, November 3 11:30 PM John the Baptist
HISI Wednesday, November 8 6:00 PM True Blue
HISI Wednesday, November 8 6:30 PM Return of the Hilazon
Tonight's broadcasts actually interfere with a hockey game but I should be able to get one before and catch the second one, after the game. These appear to be half-hour segments which gives me an idea....(always dangerous, I know.)

I have a program called DVD Shrink which will let me edit out the opening titles, credits and commercials. Doing that should result in a file which is less than one gig. There is a posting service called Badongo.com which hosts files up to a 1 gig limit. So.....if I can figure out how to convert it to a Mpeg file so you can download it and play it OR if you get DVD shrink yourself...it's a free program... I could post the .iso files and you could just download them and burn them to a DVD-RW yourself?

I'm not sure what your capabilities are there but it would be a hell of a lot quicker than snail mail.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Arch...check you PMs...I don't want to bore everyone else with this.

-- George Carlin
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Can't wait to see the credits. Seems to me that I remember a program by this name several years ago. So want to know if they are new or that someone found them lying around in the dusty file room and decided to rerun them.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I don't think that HI ever gets first run shows.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Admit it, Arch....you still haven't recovered from the "Israelites in Athens" segment, have you? Don't worry....I haven't either
no actually i haven't. every time it is mentioned i still start laughing.
HISI Monday, October 30 11:30 PM Who Invented the Alphabet?
HISI Tuesday, October 31 7:30 PM What Killed Herod
HISI Wednesday, November 1 7:00 PM Real or Fake?
HISI Wednesday, November 1 7:30 PM Fame & Forgery
HISI Thursday, November 2 7:00 PM Accidental Archaeology
HISI Thursday, November 2 7:30 PM Biblical Food
HISI Friday, November 3 7:00 PM Jesus: The Early Years
do it when it is convenient for you.
actually interfere with a hockey game
please don't tell me you are a hockey fan??!! i have been a maple leaf fan for almost 50 years and now this bit of news will make me have to give up the game. (chuckle)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Leafs?

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Um...well the first one on the Philistines was okay, I guess. He interviews archaeologists working on Philistine sites and they treat him in roughly the same way you'd talk to a wise-ass child who needs a good smack in the head.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Okay...in the second one he goes off the deep end.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Leafs?
where did you get a picture of wayne gretzky??
He interviews archaeologists working on Philistine sites and they treat him in roughly the same way you'd talk to a wise-ass child who needs a good smack in the head.
that makes it sound like it will be more funny than jews in athens
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Wait till the second one where he attributes the alphabet to Jewish Slaves who escaped during the Exodus!

Oh, well....hockey time. I'm going to try to forget Jacobovici for a while.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Wait till the second one where he attributes the alphabet to Jewish Slaves who escaped during the Exodus!
i hope you are joking.

you're a ranger fan...ho boy. they haven't been any good since Giacamin, Gilbert and etc. i miss the old days when there were just 6 teams and you had to be good to be in the league.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

archaeologist wrote:
i hope you are joking.

No, no. I'm not creative enough to invent that.

you're a ranger fan...ho boy. they haven't been any good since Giacamin, Gilbert and etc. i miss the old days when there were just 6 teams and you had to be good to be in the league.
They did win it in 1994....

I never realized you were old enough to remember the six team league.
[/b]

-- George Carlin