Oh Christ!!

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I watched about 5 minutes of the alphabet one and decided it was juvenile and stupid. I couldn't stomach that clown. These were first run in '05.
I can't watch hockey. It just seems so haphazard to me. The passing sucks and they have so little puck control. plus that damn little thing moves too fast for me to keep up. I hear it's great live, though.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Get tickets to a Star's game. Hockey is much easier to follow live or on High Def.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

I never realized you were old enough to remember the six team league. [/b[/quote

i don't say much about me, but i remember it well and the hockey was a lot better then than it is now
They did win it in 1994....
yes with an old man and they were only in contention one year...so i would conclude they were not that good.
I watched about 5 minutes of the alphabet one and decided it was juvenile and stupid. I couldn't stomach that clown.
oh great!! if frank doesn't like it then it can't be good.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I confess that I'm not a hockey fan either. I think you have to be from the Northeast.

However, I was stationed in Philadelphia for a couple of years and couldn't help but get drawn into it.

The Flyers took the Stanley Cup with Bernie Perant in the goal. Haven't followed it since though.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Shut up, arch. :D Imagine the hebrew one without all the graphics and with just the stupidity. Would you waste your time on it? It don't take long to see that it's just stupid.

Post by Guest »

Shut up, arch
"mmph, mmmmphhhh, mmppphh" :)
Would you waste your time on it? It don't take long to see that it's just stupid.
to tell you the truth, i saw that in the promo minimalist put up but i am curious as to what information he is drawing from. i am sure i will have the same feeling that i had when michelle posted his 'background'.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

He lost me with the words "I have a hunch". He says that a lot.

Post by Guest »

He lost me with the words "I have a hunch". He says that a lot.
sounds like he is not going to accept typial conclusions and wants to infer his own.
The Flyers took the Stanley Cup with Bernie Perant in the goal. Haven't followed it since though
i remember a bobby baun's hip check on jacque lapperiaire [sp], a montreal defenseman, one time. Lapp. had the puck and Baun had him lined up from across the ice everyone in the arena saw it, the television audience saw it coming, the only one who didn't see it was Lapp.

there was a great distance between the two and you would think Lap. would have caught a whiff of what was about to happen but no...he walked [skated] right into it and up and over Baun's hip he went. fortunately, Lapp came down leg first; unfortunately, it was not skates first...and i believe that was the play Lapp's leg was broken.

i miss the days of good checks and good hockey.

the good thing was at that time, no one complained, no one called the cops and no one was arrested or charged with assault. the hit was legal and part of the game .
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Oh, and he says that a lot.

Two more today...one on Herod and the other on some Nubian army coming to rescue Jerusalem from the Assyrians.

What is interesting is that Gabriel Barkay (the archaeologist who is digging through the dirt dumped by the Waqf from the temple mount) figures prominently in these. Barkay is quite a compelling. Of course his latest findings tend to substantiate the minimalist position, but, we don't have to go there right now.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Shit.

I remember both Bobby Baun AND Jacques Laperriere.

Getting old.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Getting old.
you're getting old...? i will be 49 in february.

i should mention that though my posts make me sound young, you have to remember that i teach high school and have to dumb down how & what i say so it is understood and i don't always make the transition back to normal.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I just turned 57.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wow - you guys are old. :lol:

Min - you have my email address. That will tell you exactly how old I am.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You're younger than me.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

BTW, Frank is right. The first five minutes of the Alphabet one was juvenile and stupid. But, if you could survive that you'd get to the part where he really goes off the edge and starts arguing with his guest and pushing his own theory of how the Hebrew slaves "adapted" Egyptian hieroglyphs so they could be literate and revolt against the Egyptians!

He also managed to avoid mentioning the fact that Canaan had used cuneiform script during the the preceding millenia! The bit about the graffiti artist in Toronto was bizarre but compared to the rest of the show it was first rate journalism, Frank!

He just makes shit up and puts it in his films. As Arch mentioned to me by PM, and its a good point, the real problem with this is that some idiot will believe everything Simcha says just because he saw it on TV.

-- George Carlin