PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas

Have you been to great ancient site? Show us here and tell us about your experience!

To that end, Photobucket.com has a new feature called the "Bulk Uploader" which allows you to go through an entire directory and select which photos you wish to upload by thumbnail instead of having to individually select them. It makes the process infinitely faster and simpler.

(And Photobucket is a free service.)

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Charlie Hatchett wrote:
War Arrow wrote:
Minimalist wrote:BTW, I'm still not convinced that they would not have hafted this piece. Look where your thumb is on the narrow edge. It is perpendicular to the cutting edge at the bottom. How hard would it have been to use some animal sinew to tie a forked stick to it as a handle which would greatly improve the striking power? And, 10,000 years later what are the odds that we would find either the sinew or the wood associated with it?
Er... it'd be interesting to know how it handled if you gave that idea a shot. Fixing it to a forked stick I mean.
Let me see if we kept that piece. We just picked up the first axe we could find.

Duh! I should have thought of that.

Allowing for what John has been suggesting elsewhere, if these people had the woodworking skills to build boats it seems that they must have had the ability to make tools to build those boats.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Tool use

Post by Cognito »

Gents, think of what can be done with wood, bark and other plant materials. Stripping the bark and weaving it can make a variety of items (hammocks, walls, baskets, etc.) in addtion to lashing together poles and so on. At Calico we have found tools with tannin traces on sharp edges; tools used for cutting and scraping animal hydes. This was big business in the tribe.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Charlie Hatchett

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

Re: Tool use

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

Possible PreClovis Heat Treating and Iron Smelting Furnace

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Charlie Hatchett

Possible PreClovis Casting Mold

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Charlie Hatchett

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Charlie Hatchett

Stone Artifacts Associated with "PreClovis Heat Treatin

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You know, Charlie, one thing that would help people is to understand just how small that "furnace" and "vent" really are. As I recall, some "Club Member" told you that the hole was designed to "water horses." Leaving aside the insanity of bothering to dig out such a pit less than 15 feet from the river's edge, when I saw it in person it didn't seem possible for a horse to drink from it. I grant you that I am no expert on horses but it seems to me that they have fairly large heads and I'm not so sure that anything bigger than a colt could get its head into that hole far enough to get much of a drink.

They seem to be less than a foot square.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

So what did Kissin think?

-- George Carlin
Charlie Hatchett

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Note that Dan has made no attempt to observe the furnace in person...

LOLOL. Of course not. Why then he might have to explain why two such holes are apparently CONNECTED!!!!

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

P.S.
For what it's worth, in or adjacent to streams you can get 'potholes' or 'kettle holes'-- depressions created by gravel or cobbles swirling in eddies of fast-moving water.

I would expect such potholes to be round. As an old New Yorker, I know about potholes!

-- George Carlin
Charlie Hatchett

edited
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com