Could this be a roman road ?

Have you been to great ancient site? Show us here and tell us about your experience!

To that end, Photobucket.com has a new feature called the "Bulk Uploader" which allows you to go through an entire directory and select which photos you wish to upload by thumbnail instead of having to individually select them. It makes the process infinitely faster and simpler.

(And Photobucket is a free service.)

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Three Of Five

Could this be a roman road ?

Post by Three Of Five »

rich

Post by rich »

Couldn't be 100% sure - but don't think so - for one thing Roman roads were built as straight as possible unless there was a major kind of obstacle they couldn't build over or through.
Here's a link that may help:

http://www.unrv.com/culture/roman-road-construction.php

Explains Roman road construction.
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Where is it located?

Rich is right about the curves. The Romans preferred arrow straight and if they had to change directions they did so by creating a new straight line.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Re:

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:Where is it located?

Rich is right about the curves. The Romans preferred arrow straight and if they had to change directions they did so by creating a new straight line.
It was a cultural mindset. Romans liked everything straight as an arrow. From which a.o. the infamous "Befehl ist Befehl" evolved as an excuse for inhumanity.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Could this be a roman road ?

Post by Minimalist »

The shortest distance between two points. The Romans were nothing if not efficient.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:The shortest distance between two points. The Romans were nothing if not efficient.
Like Zyklon B.
Three Of Five

Post by Three Of Five »

Minimalist wrote:The shortest distance between two points. The Romans were nothing if not efficient.
I know several genuine roman roads which are far from being straight lines, they used to follow terrain in order to achieve stable support to the road.