New Search Engine

Post your tips and helper files here! Uploading, researching information, grant writing, you name it. If it will help someone or if you have a question, here's the place to post.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

New Search Engine

Post by Minimalist »

In case you're getting tired of Google.

http://www.cuil.com/
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Slow loading .. took more than six seconds, which is longer than I - along with most punters - am prepared to wait.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It's Day #1. The geeks are probably overloading it.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Grumpage

Post by Grumpage »

Just tried it - excellent and fast. Beats the boring Google results page hands down. Early days though. But I will stick with it for the time being because of the attractive and informative results page. 10/10 so far.

Google has had the market stitched up for too damn long - maybe cuil can teach them a thing or two.
Grumpage

Post by Grumpage »

Problem - cannot open search results in a new page. This is a deal breaker. 5/10.
Ah well....back to the Google monster (probably).