Global warming.

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

marduk

Post by marduk »

:roll:
Digit

Post by Digit »

I signed up for Global Warming Skeptics forum recently and guess what? Some P---- hacked in and destroyed the site. 'If you don't agree with me I'll stop you discussing it,' so much for freedom of speech and scientific independence.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

:lol: :lol:

So, you think that was an attacked directed to you, eh?

btw, as I continue to investigate this subject, I have to withdraw some of my support for the Martin Durkin documentary. It seems he has a history which any can check into if they care. I think there were many good points raised in the film but now, unfortunately, it must be taken with a grain of salt so-to-speak. :evil:

Anyway, my basic position has not changed much.

:wink:
Digit

Post by Digit »

I think both sides tend to be tainted Monk, but in todays Sunday Telegraph Durkin gives a list of links on the net and an article by Richard Gray with a prediction by Prof Don Easterbrook that the temp rise will cease between now and 2010.
The government has finally cottoned on to the fact that cement, fertiliser and steel manufacter are our largest CO2 producers and will have to 'contract', is their term.
IE, we will buy from abroad and the CO2 levels will remain much the same!
In edition the EU has committed us to changing over to low energy lighting within 2 yrs and is ignoring the fact that the EU is also committed to eliminating Mercury and the manufactures are screaming that it can't be done in the time.
Our lot don't believe in asking the pros do they?
I'm waiting for the do gooders to work out that those lights can cause headaches in some people, take time to acheive full brightness, can't be used with dimmers nor with PIR circuits.
One day these p----- will have to live in our world, I hope!
God protect us from idealists and do gooders!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

'If you don't agree with me I'll stop you discussing it,' so much for freedom of speech and scientific independence.

The Club M.O.!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yep! There's nothing good old vested interests is there.
I have a nasty suspicion that if our government starts to offer grants to investigate the fairies at the bottom of my garden we'll soon be up to our necks in 'experts' with learned papers and the press with a new set of headlines!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

the fairies at the bottom of my garden

Perhaps you should move to another neighborhood?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

the fairies must complement the poltergeist inside your house nicely
do not under any circumstances look under the bed Digit
:lol:
Digit

Post by Digit »

I did Marduk and I found a big ball of fluff. Does that count?
marduk

Post by marduk »

its what it changes into at midnight that scares the crap out of me
:shock:
mind you the wolves in the closet should take care of it
Digit

Post by Digit »

It's different for me. It's dodging flying objects and locating stuff that disappears that annoys me. :?
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Digit's nightmare:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/03 ... index.html

How to fix gloabl warming.

Digit

Post by Digit »

I don't see the surprise there Monk, after all aerosols and CFCs are known to have had a cooling effect for some time now.
My fear is that we do it and the climate takes a downturn as well due to natural causes, then what?
Essan

Post by Essan »

Digit wrote: My fear is that we do it and the climate takes a downturn as well due to natural causes, then what?
We get a decent winter at last :D
Digit

Post by Digit »

What's your definition of decent Essan? Mine would be warm dry and sunny.
After all, that reduces my CO2 emissions. :twisted: