Giza Geometry

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Giza Geometry

Post by Beagle »

http://www.scottcreighton.co.uk/Flash/Giza-Plan2.swf

I saw this in the Daily Grail. There are many geometry theories about Giza, and this one is interesting. It's the Orion/Giza connection.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I can't get it to play.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

It's slow. Give it about 10 seconds Min, and it will start on it's own.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I don’t get it.
Is there any doubt that the pyramids are aligned with the stars?
The fact that a priest class could convince a political leader, intent on other things, that this was “The Place” is not hard for me to accept.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

this was “The Place” is not hard for me to accept.
Me either KB. This is a representation of the "Orion Connection" of Bauval. It seems like a reasonable and benign theory except that it suggests that the 3 pyramids of Giza were planned all at once as an astronomical feature.

This runs afoul of the currently accepted theory that the three pyramids were designed one at a time by three different pharoahs and were to be used as their tombs. So the Bauval theory causes orthodox Egyptologists to howl.

The issue remains unsettled.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I don’t see a conflict.

Even if they were “Designed” by different Pharaohs at different times it is pretty certain they would have asked for advice from a priestly class as to location.

I would assume the priests class would have a longer range point of view of history and it is not hard to believe they had a tradition as to what kind of alignments should be used for different projects.

Except in the North East most of the streets and buildings in the US are aligned North/South or East/West. Not because they were all designed at the same time, but because the Government surveyors laid out that kind of grid long before. It became the accepted and expected form of alignment. Even out in the super boonies when there was no compelling reason to do so.

I remember my Grandfather, a sometimes surveyor out in the flatland of Illinois, saying “People want their houses square with the world.”