Decline and fall of the American Empire

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

gunny

Decline and fall of the American Empire

Post by gunny »

Read the Roman version and it is scary. They could not get soldiers for their various battle areas, so offered citizenship and money to the aliens in Rome. Read our army offering $40,000 for recruites and citizenship to wetbacks. See where the black muslim named obama is ahead in the iowa primaries. We are glad at our advanced age that we do not live to see this country turn into shit such as it is appearing. Amazed---how could our country fall down so far so fast? We could live with hillery ----but obama? We are the laughing stock of the world now with the idoit bush---obama wins-----beyound laughing---will deepen my bunker.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

You nailed it, Gunny. I couldn't have said it better myself. Obama is a real threat as I see it.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Spreading rumors Gunny?
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... muslim.htm
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/

I'm not for him or Hillary but maybe there's something else behind your comments.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Maybe Americans are so tired of politics as usual that they may be willing to vote for someone different?

I don't quite believe it, either, but I can hope, can't I?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here, but I haven't really been following this that close. What's the problem with Obama? Aside from the fact that he's a politician I mean?
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I am a resident of Illinois, and that is my problem with Obama.
He was successful in what I know is most likely the most politically corrupt state in the country. He has the typical Illinois scandals in his past. Our past Republication Governor is in the Fed jail. And the Feds are just politely waiting until his Democratic successor is out of office before putting him in the cell next door. I don’t think Obama is any more a Muslim then Kennedy is a Catholic. But he is a crook.

Then we have the other side. The guy from Arkansas was successful in a state second only to Illinois in corruption. He has the same problems in his past. Hot Spring is basically the far south side of Chicago. It was a popular place for Capon’s guys to go to “cool off” when things got a little too warm in Chicago. While they were there they did what they knew how to do. They spread money around to get “favors” from the law and lawmakers.

You cannot swim in those cesspools without getting dirty.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That's why I have to laugh at Ron Paul devotees. They swear he is "different".

No. He isn't. You can't lay with dogs and not get fleas. The system corrupts everything it touches. You cannot be naive about any of these people. They didn't get where they are without making deals.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

He's just been on TV and I see the problem. I guess given that whoever gets elected is probably going to be a politician, let's just hope it at least isn't someone who reads a passage from the book of revelations every night before falling asleep.

Any chance George Clinton could be persuaded to enter the race?
C'mon - how could you not vote for the guy?!
If not George Clinton I'd be prepared to settle for either Dave Lee Roth or Gene Simmons. Not that it's any of my business.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Ted Nugent for president.

(think of the diplomatic repercussions if he resurrected his band "Damn Yankees" and made them delegates to the U.N. -
Todays security council vote: 13 members vote affirmative, and the 'Damn Yankees' oppose with the Russian Federation abstaining)
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Forum Monk wrote:Ted Nugent for president.

(think of the diplomatic repercussions if he resurrected his band "Damn Yankees" and made them delegates to the U.N. -
Todays security council vote: 13 members vote affirmative, and the 'Damn Yankees' oppose with the Russian Federation abstaining)
I can see that too!
On reflection I think Henry Rollins would be my absolute number one choice, but he's a big fan of TN so your recommendation stands so far as I'm concerned.
Wow. Politics is easier than I thought.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Minimalist wrote:That's why I have to laugh at Ron Paul devotees. They swear he is "different".

No. He isn't. You can't lay with dogs and not get fleas. The system corrupts everything it touches. You cannot be naive about any of these people. They didn't get where they are without making deals.
I agree with the fleas, but he is different. Mostly because he is a Libertarian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

Much of the Wiki-Bio. will surprise you I think.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

War Arrow wrote:I can see that too!
On reflection I think Henry Rollins would be my absolute number one choice, but he's a big fan of TN so your recommendation stands so far as I'm concerned.
That's right. Don't know why politicians get so hung up in politics. Of course it would be bad politics if Ted sent the "Amboy Dukes" to be U.N. Delegates - that name is just too regional in scope.

(Having seen the Amboy Dukes in concert sometime around '72, I think I just dated myself :? )
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Forum Monk wrote:
War Arrow wrote:I can see that too!
That's right. Don't know why politicians get so hung up in politics. Of course it would be bad politics if Ted sent the "Amboy Dukes" to be U.N. Delegates - that name is just too regional in scope.

(Having seen the Amboy Dukes in concert sometime around '72, I think I just dated myself :? )
They're probably all dead by now.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Beagle wrote:
Minimalist wrote:That's why I have to laugh at Ron Paul devotees. They swear he is "different".

I agree with the fleas, but he is different. Mostly because he is a Libertarian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

Much of the Wiki-Bio. will surprise you I think.
But he sure blew the debate tonight. Terrible! I don't support him for Prez.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

What did he do?

-- George Carlin