Addendum to off-topic posts in cryptozoology thread

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

War Arrow

Addendum to off-topic posts in cryptozoology thread

Post by War Arrow »

As the cryptozoology thread has now gone on-topic, it no longer seems quite appropriate to continue my campaign for smartly dressed posting over there. Anyway, further to that digression, I came across this quote today, which made me chuckle.
"In desperation I looked... at some of the books. The first shelf began with all the volumes of Havelock Ellis' Psychology of Sex, and finished up with a book on sex symbolism by Kraft Ebing.

My heart sank again. I said to myself: 'Dear God! Everything you wish but not that! Please today send me people who are normal. Solid young men in tweeds and handlebar moustaches who, should they suddenly find themselves in Kubla Khan's harem would read their Times first and finish their pipes before they so much as raised an eye to one coy beauty!' "
- Venture to the Interior (Laurens van der Post, 1952) pp.155
I think I'm slowly turning into the Duke of Wellington.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

A few years back on a business trip in the US with some Italians, we had returned to the motel for the evening. A few of us had made some dinner plans so I went to the room of one Italian man to inform him. He opened the door wearing a smoking jacket and sipping brandy. (he doesn't smoke btw). I've never seen such "refinement" in my circle of colleagues. But as I had interrupted him sending emails to his home office, it reminds me you for some reason.