Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

rich

Post by rich »

Sooo -

How was everybody's Friday the 13th? :D :D :D
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Uneventful.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Tough for Tim Russert.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Busy!
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Not good.

Found myself in a tussle with John Cleese's agent and lawyers which could work out to be expensive through a mess not created by me.

Can't say any more than that. Stupid confidentiality agreement. 8)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Write "Romans Go Home" 100 times on a wall.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

The Mexica were big on 13 so I adopted it as my new favourite number as of about 10 years ago. Seems to be working out just fine for me, and Friday was a pretty good day. I had the day off and Mrs. War Arrow actually managed to get out of bed and go to work for a change, thus allowing me the rare opportunity of freedom to engage myself in things which aren't completely depressing.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

War Arrow wrote: I had the day off and Mrs. War Arrow actually managed to get out of bed and go to work for a change, thus allowing me the rare opportunity of freedom to engage myself in things which aren't completely depressing.
uhhh...there's just so many ways that can be taken W/A. Its ok, no need to elaborate. At least you had a good day. :D
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Minimalist wrote:Write "Romans Go Home" 100 times on a wall.
In Latin, of course! :lol:

Romanus eunt domas!

http://www.clipmarks.com/clipmark/7F70E ... D53280CB6/
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Forum Monk wrote:
War Arrow wrote: I had the day off and Mrs. War Arrow actually managed to get out of bed and go to work for a change, thus allowing me the rare opportunity of freedom to engage myself in things which aren't completely depressing.
uhhh...there's just so many ways that can be taken W/A. Its ok, no need to elaborate. At least you had a good day. :D
Uh yeah... believe it or not there were no sexual connotations in the statement. If only...
neilmarr

Post by neilmarr »

A good friend of mine had a serious stroke on Friday April 13 1991. We thought we'd got away with just another day but -- walloppp! -- just before midnight, sure enough, a massive stroke.

In all the other forty years I've known her, she didn't have a stroke on Friday 13, though. And I am fairly confident that there are many, many other people I don't know who have had strokes on dates other than Friday 13 or not had strokes at all.

So it seems to me that if you're afraid of having a stroke, you can breathe pretty easy on Friday 13.

This is anecdotal evidence, of course. But I predict that when official figures are available in the year 2011, it will be evident that a whole bunch of chaps didn't have strokes on Fri Jun 13 2008.

Many thousands of people may well have been crushed by grand pianos falling from high rise buildings during removals on Fri Jun 13, of course, but that is not my specirfic area of interest.

Cheers. Neil
Digit

Post by Digit »

Britain's Royal Navy was renowned for being superstitious, with crews even refusing to sail on a Friday 13.
Eventually the board of Admiraly had had enough and decided to put the whole idea to rest.
They laid the keel of the new vessel on a Friday 13, the ship was launched, on a Friday 13.
She was named Friday the 13.
She was commisioned into the srvice on Friday the 13.
Her maiden voyage took place amidst a great fanfare, on Friday the 13.
She was never seen again!