The Resurrection Stone

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

neilmarr

The Resurrection Stone

Post by neilmarr »

Here's a piece from today's New York Times that talks of the discovery of an inked stone tablet telling of a local messianic resurrection prediction (among other things) probably around fifty years before the alleged crucifiction and return of the Christ of Christianity.

The find was made some time ago and is probably known to some here, but news -- I think -- is only now reaching a lay public. I'd be interested in and grateful for anything you can add to this skimpy article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/world ... &th&emc=th

Best wishes. Neil
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

We've got it in the Syro-Palestinian thread under Old World, Neil.

Join in.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
neilmarr

Post by neilmarr »

Many thanks, Min. I'll try to find that now. Very best. Neil

LATER: Gosh, Min. That's some busy thread. I've bookmarked it and will work my way through tomorrow. Thanks again. N
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Start at the end, man. It covers a lot of ground.

:lol:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Say goodbye to Neil for a few months.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

:D

I think Neil is a fast reader.

-- George Carlin
neilmarr

Post by neilmarr »

Pretty fast, Min -- but before breakfast the old eyes tend to glaze over and whole slabs of text go unregistered. Just scanned the thread from back to front as you suggested and must have missed the discussion.

Now for a few more strong black coffees (perchance spiked with a dash or two of cognac to warm me up) and another go from beginning to end.

There's some other fascinating stuff in there, though, to see me through several coffee breaks. Thanks for the tip.

Hoots. Neil
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The discussion on the tablet begins towards the bottom of Page #35, Neil.

-- George Carlin
neilmarr

Post by neilmarr »

Thanks, Min. That thread covers some interesting ground. Neil