Leaving Archaeologica today

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Ishtar

Leaving Archaeologica today

Post by Ishtar »

Dear All

First of all, I want to thank you all for having me (putting up with me, in some cases!) over the last goodness knows how long. I've really enjoyed your company, your jokes, your warmth and not least your patient explanations on all matters archaeological or anthropological when I couldn't seem to separate my HEs from my HSs and my HNs. I'm very grateful to Michelle for providing this facility and, of course, I want to thank you all for the boats!

However, circumstances around my own subject, mythology, have developed in such a way that I'm no longer able to post about it. I have unhappily found myself in the situation where the material I've been posting is being misunderstood, misconstrued and just generally bent out of all recognition - and then forged into a cudgel with which to bully others. And although I'm not actually the one doing the bullying, I have to carry the can for some of it, for being naive enough not to realise that this might happen.

So it's time for me for go now. I wish you all the very very best and I go carrying fond memories of you all. If any of you do want to stay in touch with me in a private way - either to carry on discussions of a mythological nature, or just to say hello from time to time - please PM me here, and I'll send you my email address.

Take care,

With love to all

from Ish xx
Digit

Post by Digit »

Totally unnecessary Ish. I disagree with much that you believe, but I only know that by reading your posts. Also I can not change my opinions on my own.
If you leave you let me down, please reconsider.

Roy.
john

Reconsideration

Post by john »

Ishtar -

One of my core values is absolute respect for

The decisions which a person carefully makes

For himself/herself,

Within the context of their life.

That being said, I would ask you

To deeply reconsider, taking into account that

This is a vibrant board with

A damn near infinite amount of good ground left to run on.

hoka hey

john

ps.

and don't forget archaeology, accessorized!
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
MichelleH
Site Admin

Re: Reconsideration

Post by MichelleH »

john wrote:Ishtar -

One of my core values is absolute respect for

The decisions which a person carefully makes

For himself/herself,

Within the context of their life.

That being said, I would ask you

To deeply reconsider, taking into account that

This is a vibrant board with

A damn near infinite amount of good ground left to run on.

hoka hey

john

ps.

and don't forget archaeology, accessorized!
John, eloquently put as usual.....
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Thank you all for your kind comments, PMs and emails and Dig - that is the sweetest backhand compliment I've ever received! :)

But for the reasons I explained in the first post, I have made up my mind that it is time for me to be moving on.

I am full of gratitude to you all, for all the good times, of which there have been too many to count.

And if you'd like to stay in touch, please PM me for my email address.

Goodbye to all,

Sending Love, Light and Beauty

From Ish xxx
Digit

Post by Digit »

Bye and all the best.

Roy.
zan

Post by zan »

Drag me in here....then take off and leave me hanging!

Walk your path in peace.

PM headed your way.
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

The only restraints that we have on our mind are the ones that we impose on ourself. We are limited by our own thinking.
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Well... I'm not one to speak seeing as I haven't been around for a few months but... at first I wasn't sure what to make of Ish, then I thought she was full of shit, but finally I realised she's one seriously smart cookie who knows a fuck of a lot about a subject that is very, very difficult to communicate - and it says a lot that she's nevertheless managed to instill a sceptic like myself with some appreciation for her ideas.

Here's to you, Ish (raises glass) I wish you the greatest success in your continuing studies. Email soon when I've sorted my life out...

Lawrence
Last edited by War Arrow on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacecase0

Post by spacecase0 »

I don't log in for a few days and find this...

Ishtar,
I don't post much,
but I love your ideas, and I don't think that I misinterpret them...
I do hope that you write a book with all the things in your head, I would love to read it.
you will be missed~