TV

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

TV

Post by Digit »

Once again TV is running a programme on 'who killed JFK?'
(LGMs don't count Uni!)
I have often wondered if Kennedy was the intended target 'cos if the fatal bullet was fired from the book repository, it was one Hell of a good shot!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
MichelleH
Site Admin

Re: TV

Post by MichelleH »

....if the fatal bullet was fired from the book repository, it was one Hell of a good shot!
From a crappy piece of cheap Italian weaponry, with unheard of rapidity.....too many questions left unanswered.....

Let the conspiracy games begin!
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Bring on Uni Mich! :lol:
But truly somethings do not add up, I reckon to be a pretty good shot, but if wanted to kill JFK I sure as hell wouldn't have used that weapon nor that location.
Even with a first class hunting rifle and scope it would have been an extremely difficult shot IMO.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Watch the Zapruder footage. Carefully. JFK was hit from 1 o'clock low by a dum-dum bullet, not from 6 o'clock high with a small caliber full metal jacket. You can clearly see him recoil from the heavy impact and the blood and gore spraying to the rear of the car. And the back of his skull was shot off. That was the damaging exit wound that killed him. Typical dum-dum effect. The entrance wound is small and at his hairline above his right eyebrow. I.o.w. shot from the front when he was leaning forward! Which is exactly what you can see he did in the Zapruder footage, a split second before he was hit.
It is textbook assassin stuff. The ideal angle, the ideal distance, the ideal cover, the ideal ammunition, with the target coming almost straight at you (instead of moving away from you), and an effective exit strategy. So it was set up and executed by a textbook assassin. A well-trained pro. And I'll bet a backup/getaway team. Not by a confused half hippie/dimwit loner with no exit strategy and an antique gun. That was the pansy. The misdirection. Understand me well please: I'm not saying Oswald didn't target and shot at JFK. The half-assed revolutionary most probably did. But he probably got off 2 or 3 shots max, missed JFK and accidentally hit Connelly. A much more plausible scenario considering Connelly's wound. Oswald didn't kill JFK, although he tried.

Case closed.

Today, with e.g. a Barrett XM500 sniper rifle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_XM500), unprotected people can be shot and killed at ranges over 7,900 feet with 2 rapid fire single shots. By well-trained pros! The first shot is a bullseye hit. As is the second shot, just to make sure. They do it all the time in Afghanistan. In two-man teams! The targets never know what hit them.
Digit

Post by Digit »

According to the follow up programme, they satisfied themselves at least, that the Mob arranged the killing. The programme also claimed that LHO got off three shots.

Roy.
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Digit wrote:According to the follow up programme, they satisfied themselves at least, that the Mob arranged the killing. The programme also claimed that LHO got off three shots.

Roy.
Yep, read the same thing last month's in Playboy in an interview with former secret service agents. And ya gotta believe Playboy! :wink:
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Digit

Post by Digit »

And ya gotta believe Playboy!
Oh absolutely! :lol:

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

MichelleH wrote:ya gotta believe Playboy! :wink:
Those Playboy interviews are awesome, aren't they? Big ones, small ones, perky ones, in-your-face ones, and even big bazookas!
Just awesome!
Been a fan since I discovered my Dad's Xmas edition stash in '64! Xmas presents, over the years, from my mother...!

8)
Barracuda

Post by Barracuda »

I don't know, but....I did get to meet Santo Trafficante Jr. in Tampa. He was reputed to be involved.

I didn't ask...
Rokcet Scientist

Barracuda wrote:I don't know, but....I did get to meet Santo Trafficante Jr. in Tampa. He was reputed to be involved.
Doubtful. You probably wouldn't be telling us this if he was.
Anyway, the sniper's (team's) professional approach, execution and getaway suggests military or acronym personnel and logistics. As does LHO's involvement. But whichever party actually pulled it off, it was covered by just about all the others.