Vanishing Ice

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Vanishing Ice

Post by Minimalist »

The cricket probably has a more flexible mind.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

:lol: Thank you Min!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Minimalist wrote:Ah...you would have enjoyed Arch.

Or maybe not.
And I would have gotten a massive migraine not to mention a multitude of e-mails threatening of suits for liable and slander......like he could do that anyway....moron....
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Well...yeah. There was that, too!

:lol:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:HSN had larger digestive tracts, or more fat, than us, which would suggest a large amount of vegetable food.
It does indeed. Look at gorilla guts! They're HUGE barrel guts! Because gorillas are strict vegetarians (they're really bipedal cows...). Unlike chimps, who are omnivores of course, including meat and insects, and consequently have hardly any gut.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Which raises an interesting point about when Homo started to cook his food.
I don't know if the programme was shown elsewhere but we had a TV programme recently showing attempts to live entirely on uncooked fruit and veg.
It wasn't possible.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Man is the only mammal to cook his food though so other mammals must manage it. No?

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Quite Min, but their digestive tract is designed for it, ours isn't. We void such food before we have obtained any great benefit from it, uncooked, we use more energy to digest it than we gain from it.
Once cooked the energy input was 2 and half times less than with the uncooked for digestion, somewhere along the line of development Homo lost the ability to live like a herbivore.

Roy.