Ishtar's Gate forum closing on May 2nd

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Ishtar

Ishtar's Gate forum closing on May 2nd

Post by Ishtar »

Just thought that I some here might want to know that I'm going to be removing Ishtar's Gate forum, along with its contents, from the internet on May 2nd. By that, I mean, closing it down.

I was trying to think of an analogy to explain why this is necessary. The picture that kept returning to my mind's eye was of a pot-bound plant ~ a plant whose root system has grown into such a huge ball that roots and tendrils are poking through the bottom of the container. And now because of this constriction, the plant won't grow and in fact, it is starting to die. It needs to be released from its limiting container and planted out in the garden, so that it can be fed with new energy and elements and begin to thrive again.

The internet has changed by leaps and bounds since Ishtar's Gate first began more than two years ago, and the way people share information has also changed. It is very easy now to set up one's own blog and have friends and followers leave a comment or a like, or even share that post to their own newsfeeds on Twitter and Facebook.

So, in keeping with the times, I will be setting up my own Ishtar's Gate blog, which will be accessible through Ishtar's Gate website after the forum has been removed, and which you will be most welcome to subscribe to.

Hope to see you there,

With much love,

Namaste

Ishtar
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Ishtar's Gate forum closing on May 2nd

Post by Minimalist »

I feel so "obsolete."
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Re: Ishtar's Gate forum closing on May 2nd

Post by Ishtar »

You're not at all obsolete, Min!! Or techy-challenged... you can work that DropBox thing and even got to grips with WeTransfer! :)

Anyway, for what it's worth, I thought I'd give the web address of my new blog here. You'll probably hate it, because it's even 'weirder' than Ishtar's Gate forum. But I put it here for the sake of completeness. I'm nothing if not thorough.

Namaste, y'all! :mrgreen: