Sarah's Take on History

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Sarah's Take on History

Post by Minimalist »

Courtesy of The Borowitz Report.

POSTED June 6, 2011
Palin: ‘We Must Never Forget the Wisdom of Jefferson, and his Wife, Weezy’
Former Gov. Gives History Lesson

MONTICELLO (The Borowitz Report) – Visiting Thomas Jefferson’s historic home, Monticello, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin today paid tribute to the nation’s third President, telling an audience of supporters, “We must never forget the wisdom of Jefferson, and his wife, Weezy.”

Gov. Palin said that “at a time of our history when the American people needed leadership, it was Jefferson who said the immortal words, ‘We’re movin’ on up.’”

The former Alaska Governor, criticized in recent days over her grasp of American history, used the Monticello speech to demonstrate her knowledge of the country’s founding fathers.

“Let us have the ingenuity of Benjamin Franklin, who invented the electric chair,” she said.

“Let us have the honesty of George Washington, who told his father that he chopped down a cherry tree because it was blocking his view of Russia,” she added. “And let us have Washington’s perseverance, which he demonstrated during that harsh winter at Sweet Valley High.”

But she saved her most fulsome praise for her favorite American hero, Paul Revere: “In his famous cry, ‘One if by land, two if by sea,’ Paul Revere proved that you don’t have to know how to count higher than two to be a great American.”

At the end of her speech in Monticello, Gov. Palin said that she was looking forward to the next stop on her bus tour, Philadelphia, “the home of the Taco Bell.”

Get the Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox for free here.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Re: Sarah's Take on History

Post by Digit »

Surely she can't be that dumb?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

What will it take to convince you?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

If she is Min, and she enters the White House, it won't be 'God bless America' it will be 'God help America!'

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Yep...and I do not trust the electorate of this country as far as I can throw them.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

On the basis that she is the boss of Alaska I have to agree Min.
Mind you, we have our own share as well.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

"Was" governor of Alaska.....she quit in the middle of her term.

Even nutty republicans (which is most of them) thought that was a stupid move.

-- George Carlin
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Minimalist wrote:Yep...and I do not trust the electorate of this country as far as I can throw them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly, ain't that the truth. Everything is won through the sound bite and Sarah is a mega-twit (cleaned up from my actual thought)
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
john

Post by john »

It is a truism that in a Democracy the vote will always reflect the lowest common denominator, while

In a Tyranny the nod will always go to the greater despot.

Palin panders to the first to foster her lust for the second.

John
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
Digit

Post by Digit »

She's on her way to the UK and has expressed a desire to meet Mrs Thatcher.
Apparently Mrs T isn't interested.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Dig, I REALLY hope you can play the video here.

Scroll down to the bottom and good luck!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blo ... _blog.html

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Just one of a 1000 similar politicians. It was Lincoln he stated that politics was a refuge for failures.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Colbert is more of a comedian than a politician....granted that it can sometimes be hard to tell the difference.

-- George Carlin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Minimalist wrote:Dig, I REALLY hope you can play the video here.

Scroll down to the bottom and good luck!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blo ... _blog.html
Oh wow. Looks like Palin just struck another blow in her fight to beat out W as America's Dumbest President Ever!
john

Post by john »

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"
~ Samuel Johnson

"Politics is the last refuge of a scoundrel"
~ Oscar Wilde

The poor dear has such a hard choice..............

John
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain