If you can't win a debate by fair means....

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: If you can't win a debate by fair means....

Post by Minimalist »

But regardless of the political argument going on, Dig, the glaciers ARE melting.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Re: If you can't win a debate by fair means....

Post by Digit »

We keep going over this Min. You do not differentiate Climate Change from MMGW, I do! I have never waivered in my statement that CC is happening, only the root cause.
I would have considerably greater belief in MMGW if they stopped selecting their facts etc.
The IPCC has been wrong, on so many points, that their arguments look more thread bare by the day.
They were wrong on the extent of rises in sea level, they were wrong on the Himalayan glaciers, they were wrong on the snows of Kilimajaro, they were wrong on the extent of temp rises, they were wrong with the Hockey Stick, they were wrong on increasing frequency of Hurricanes, they were wrong about CO2 driving temps up when CO2 rose and temps failed to follow.
If you cast your mind back a few years Min you may remember me ridiculing the IPCC report that the Gulf Stream would stop flowing, a claim they have since dropped.
If they were a medical panel I'd find myself a Witch Doctor.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt