CO2 Not!

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

CO2 Not!

Post by Digit »

First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
kbs2244

Re: CO2 Not!

Post by kbs2244 »

I haven’t read it all, but some quick observations:

Am I right that this was written back in 2003?

Then the last item in the illustration about ships burning sulfur to increase cloud cover may show some dysfunction in government.
Not just ships, but all diesel fueled engines now have to deal with an EPA mandated “low sulfur” fuel.
It is a real PIA for everyone because the sulfur was depended on as a lubricant all through the fuel delivery systems.
Not just the engine fuel pumps, but the transport and tank farm pumps.

Maybe someone didn’t get the memo?
Digit

Post by Digit »

Just pray for Global Warming....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... again.html

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

It may be a death by menay cuts.

This was in todays WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/video/opinion-the ... mpvidcar_2
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Total denial by governmental authorities, the shunning of this topic by mainstream media, the systematic discreditation of researchers, ongoing coverups by the scientific establishment, and a coordinated systematic policy of disinformation has relegated this topic to the realm of fantasy and paranoid delusion. Regardless, it continues to go on above our heads, and has now grown to become the largest coordinated global engineering project in the history of our species. How can I make such a preposterous claim?

Why do I have a sense that he has a book to sell?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

:lol: I believe that meteorologists and climatologists don't know what is going to occur or when it, whatever "it" is, will occur. :lol:

Since there is no intelligent consensus on the current climatic trends, I try to operate under the Hipocratic principle of "Do no harm".

:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Digit

Post by Digit »

I believe that meteorologists and climatologists don't know what is going to occur or when it, whatever "it" is, will occur.
I agree, trouble is they won't admit that.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I've noticed that lately the weather girl is always the hottest chick on the broadcast.

I never knew weather could be so interesting.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

What!
How long have you been falling asleep before the weather?
Raquel Welch reported the weather at KFMB, a local San Diego television station, in 1959!

BTW, for a real nice view, check out the Spanish stations.
The tradition is well respected.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I grew up in New York.... the weather guy was Dr. Frank Field and then Al Roker!

This....

is what we get in Phoenix.

Granted, the weather is always the same but who cares?

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

“The weather is always the same here”

Have you ever seen a weather forecast for San Diego?
2 F degrees is headlines!

It makes me remember a equipment install I did with a manufacturing engineer from Ecuador.
He could not understand the time spent on the evening news on the weather.
As far as he was concerned, it was always the same.
(Welcome to the US)