pre clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Post by Digit »

How'd you get the card Min? Mugging the elderly are you? :lol:

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm a charter member.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
starhunter

Re: Ainu

Post by starhunter »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
Cognito wrote:Maybe someday people will begin taking a serious look at the South Pacific crossing, 20th latitude. With a 400 foot drop in sea level, the currents are modified (i.e. marine migration) and far more islands present themselves on the way to a Peru landfall. 8)
I'm still waiting for an interactive, zoomable global map showing coastlines and islands when sea level was 100, 200, 300, 400 feet lower than today. How hard can that be in this IT age? It would sooo much change people's views on what was and was not possible in those phases. Smart scientists could probably also infer major ocean currents from those maps!
What, and spoil the egocentricity of the orthodox (AND ONLY THOSE ACCEPTED) views on ancient migration.????
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I found this... at least it shows some sea routes.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

The one from Oz the the US eastern sea board would take some explaining.

Roy.
Cognito

Welcome

Post by Cognito »

What, and spoil the egocentricity of the orthodox (AND ONLY THOSE ACCEPTED) views on ancient migration.????
Starhunter, your unabashed, sarcastic wit should fit right in here. Feel free to bash paradigms along with the rest of us misfits. :D

Cogs
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

Misfit! What me? :lol:

Roy.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Digit wrote:Misfit! What me? :lol:

Roy.
It's a compliment, Dig. Enjoy it.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The one from Oz the the US eastern sea board would take some explaining.

Dennis Stafford's Solutrean Hypothesis!

It goes MAINSTREAM!!

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

That's the way I see it Ish.

Roy.
Cognito

Pre-Clovis

Post by Cognito »

Here's the mail order advertisement from Hammacher Schlemmer I referred to earlier (bold underline is mine): :D

The Archeologist's Rucksack.

This is the backpack preferred by those who enjoy exploring the world, researching in the field, or even excavating Pre-Clovis archeological sites, because it is made of rugged 16 oz. canvas and trimmed in vachetta leather. It has a generous capacity that stores maps, compasses, and tools, providing over 1,500" cu. of storage space, thanks to its 17" x 12" internal compartment and three exterior pockets. The internal compartment closes with a leather drawstring and has two stitched-in 6" deep pockets. A leather top flap covers the compartment and secures with two locking buckles made from antique brass; a ring in the flap and a leather loop provide two hanging options. The three exterior leather pockets will weather to a fine patina as their oils wear away after extended use; each secures with locking buckles. With adjustable straps for easy portability. 18 1/2" H x 12 1/2" W x 7" D. (2 3/4 lbs.)

Item 75807 ................... $179.95
Available for Immediate Shipment.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
john

Re: Pre-Clovis

Post by john »

Cognito wrote:Here's the mail order advertisement from Hammacher Schlemmer I referred to earlier (bold underline is mine): :D

The Archeologist's Rucksack.

This is the backpack preferred by those who enjoy exploring the world, researching in the field, or even excavating Pre-Clovis archeological sites, because it is made of rugged 16 oz. canvas and trimmed in vachetta leather. It has a generous capacity that stores maps, compasses, and tools, providing over 1,500" cu. of storage space, thanks to its 17" x 12" internal compartment and three exterior pockets. The internal compartment closes with a leather drawstring and has two stitched-in 6" deep pockets. A leather top flap covers the compartment and secures with two locking buckles made from antique brass; a ring in the flap and a leather loop provide two hanging options. The three exterior leather pockets will weather to a fine patina as their oils wear away after extended use; each secures with locking buckles. With adjustable straps for easy portability. 18 1/2" H x 12 1/2" W x 7" D. (2 3/4 lbs.)

Item 75807 ................... $179.95
Available for Immediate Shipment.
Cognito -

You're not done yet.

Somewhere in the 4,000 catalogs we get every month

There is the genuwyne Indiana Jones sombrero,

For something like $129

And you can blow $500 easy on a .45 ACP pistol,

And you can blow another $130 on the holster.

Not to speak of ammo.

For the whip, well, that is your personal choice.

The appropriately weathered designer clothing

I have no idea

Because I live in jeans and turtlenecks and working shirts

Which have two breast pockets which button.

But its a cool idea.

Just how many $$ does it take to equip

A Designer Archaeologist?

So I suggest a little competition here;

"The well dressed dirt-sifter"

The winner will get nothing at all

Except the accolades

Of fellow forum members.

And remember this; my 88 year old mother made an elegant

Embroidered chair pillow - years ago -

Which states

" Gardening consists of sitting on the porch dressed in your best frock

With a long tall cool drink in your hand

Telling your husband where to dig."

hoka hey

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

OK, first off. Good shoes are a must.

Here's my suggestion:

They would look great and fit in very well while excavating Cleopatra's tomb.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

In a desert?

:shock:

-- George Carlin
john

Post by john »

Minimalist wrote:In a desert?

:shock:
Minimalist -

You forgot the processional carpets

Which accept high heels gracefully.

hoka hey

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain