pre clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
pattylt

Post by pattylt »

Beaches? I live in Colorado, not a beach for miles.
Ish, I am a Medical Technologist. Work in the local Hospital Lab. Stool specimens smell like a paycheck to me and the urine on my clothes is usually not my own!

It's a great job and I love it. Went back to college at 32 to get my degree and haven't looked back. We don't get paid as much as nurses, however, that is about to change. Far too few go into my profession anymore and most of us will be retiring in the next 10 years.

Here is a scary thought for you. In most states, it takes more liscensure to cut your hair than to type your blood and run your lab tests. Beauticians have to have a state license. I have 2 certifications but the state of Colorado doesn't want Lab Techs to be licensed. They are afraid they would have to pay us more. I could go on and on....
I always like a dog so long as he isn't spelled backward.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

They are afraid they would have to pay us more.

Got some real geniuses running colorado, I see!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Min:
Do you know if Merkel has an English version of his program?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I only know what I posted, kb.

I just recalled that we had seen an interactive sea-level map one time and went looking for it.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Well, thank goodness there are people like you, Patti, who are not afraid to get their hands dirty, so to speak.
Digit

Post by Digit »

A good point there RS, it's a point that I have thought about in the past, in particular I would love to know what the currents were like before the the land bridge between north and south America.

Roy.
Cognito

Transpacific Voyaging

Post by Cognito »

With regard to the South Pacific route to the Americas here is the only paper I have been able to find on that topic in PDF format:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2985042/Ancie ... c-Voyaging

For engineers like Digit revised currents due to additional land exposure are estimated and mapped.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Cognito

Hammacher Schlemmer

Post by Cognito »

Well, well. I received a new Hammacher Schlemmer Gift Catalog in the mail today with all those pricey items we may never need to buy. On page #27 is THE ARCHAEOLOGIST RUCKSACK for sale at USD $199.95. The ad spot starts with:

This is the backpack preferred by those who enjoy exploring the world,
researching in the field, or even excavating Pre-Clovis archaeological sites.

(underline is mine) :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Don't forget the hat, Cogs.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Or the whip! Oooh!

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Kinky, Dig....and at your age!

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

What do ya mean, at my age! I'm only 21.... and a bit!

Roy.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Ummmm, I was under the impression that everybody on this site was just old enough to buy the stuff legally. Guess I'll have to look for a younger crowd. :shock:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

-- George Carlin