Cloth-Clad Clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Re: Cloth-Clad Clovis

Post by Digit »

His brilliant idea has been surpassed by forms of evidence that Darwin could not have imagined.
True Min, but he provided a solid foundation for all that has followed. A great mind.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Agreed. For the 1850's his predictions based on the theory have been remarkable.

Dawkins makes the point that even without the fossil record, molecular biology has all by itself shown that Darwin was correct.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I've been trying to locate a copy of his 'The Greatest Story Ever Told,' is it still in print do you know Min?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm reading it now.

What about Amazon.co.uk?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Show-E ... 307&sr=8-1
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I've never used Amazon Min, but I'll check it out, ta.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Amazon over here is marvelous. My wife went into a local bookstore looking for some hot political book and was told they were sold out and were waiting for the next printing.

I checked Amazon and had it for her in 3 days.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

A lot cheaper than I expected Min. I'll wait and see how our second hand bookshop does on that title though before I buy.
As I said to you the other day, I'm still a dozen titles on the shelf behind.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Well get crackin' mister. A dozen books is a lot of reading!

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:Agreed. For the 1850's his predictions based on the theory have been remarkable.

Dawkins makes the point that even without the fossil record, molecular biology has all by itself shown that Darwin was correct.
Darwin's 'theory' is possibly the most tested scientific theory ever. It was challenged hundreds of thousands of times. And yet has been vindicated at every single turn nonetheless. That in itself is diamond hard scientific – statistical – evidence.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Darwin's 'theory' is possibly the most tested scientific theory ever.
Yep! And still people refuse to 'believe' it!

Roy.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Digit wrote:
Darwin's 'theory' is possibly the most tested scientific theory ever.
Yep! And still people refuse to 'believe' it!

Roy.
That's because the guys in the pulpit keep shouting the same old crap that was laid down 1700 (+/-) years ago. I know I live right smack dab in the middle of the Bible-belt. Kids around here would rather carry a Bible in their back pack than a math book (a math book won't get them into heaven) but they all know what preaching the Bible will get them.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

How funny. I was just over at Archie's board reminding him what an ass he is for insisting on Adam and Eve!

Timing is everything in life.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

the guys in the pulpit keep shouting the same old crap
I see it as a two-way street.

1,000,000 X 0 = 0 cuts both ways. The unliklihood of one doesn't make the other any more plausible.
Digit

Post by Digit »

And the same for a third route either by that measure, which leaves us where?

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Apparently it leaves us ignoring all the evidence for evolution.

:wink:

-- George Carlin