Ancient Aliens Debunked

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

Ancient Aliens Debunked

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Visit this site and save copies for yourself and your friends now:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

I found the segment on Tihuanacu particularly interesting.

Enjoy,
Ed
Ernie L

Re: Ancient Aliens Debunked

Post by Ernie L »

Regards Ernie
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Thank you, E.P. A very useful find.

I know someone whose ass is going to have this shoved up it!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I watched quite a bit of that and only have one quibble so far.

In the pyramid section they endorsed the internal ramp hypothesis ( I refuse to call it a theory ) with the so called notches on the corner. They did correctly note that Egyptologist, Bob Brier, climbed up to the notch during his investigation.

The idea was that the notches served as transfer points between segments of the ramp and the crews would have had some device to lift blocks and turn them. When Brier got up to the notch he found no evidence whatsoever of that nor did he find any evidence of either end of the ramp. The notch was just a notch but they made it sound as if further investigation was necessary. Brier did not seem to think so.

Otherwise, this is really well done.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Hi E.P.

I have a profound enough hearing loss that I'm unable to hear the music or voice-overs on computer videos, so I can't address the one you posted directly.

What I can offer is the thought that people are chronically trying to make the world smaller and simpler for themselves. It helps them cope, I think.

For what it's worth (assuming anything), I've written before of having spent some time (1960s) talking with Lightfoot Tall King Eagle, the/a Shaman (although he never called himself that) of the Susquehannocks (who I believe you've identified as a remnant of the Andaste).

When I asked him about UFOs, he said his people called them "Sky Canoes," and warned that the ones that glow white were piloted by benign beings, but to flee from the ones that glow red.

He also recounted a tale of how one of the elders of the tribe, out one winter night to smoke his pipe in solitude, came back in and announced that a SC individual had told him that, come spring, all the trees in a certain area would fail to green up (die). After they'd discussed this, they decided to timber that section so it wouldn't go to waste. Those trees they hadn't gotten to by greenup, sure enough, were dead.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

So people cross zillions of miles of space to kill trees?

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

A reply about on a par, IMHO, with "Show me the boat."
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

uniface wrote: Hi E.P.

I have a profound enough hearing loss that I'm unable to hear the music or voice-overs on computer videos, so I can't address the one you posted directly.
Basically, uniface, these con artists have been asserting for years that human beings alone could not have built the Pyramids, Tihaunacu (my spelling), the Nazca Lines, etc., and therefore Ancient Aliens must have either done it or helped ancient humans. Other technologically advanced artifacts have been and are used here to the same ends. As have the effects of impact.

While the "Ancien Aliens" scam of historical theft is much better than the Theosophist scams of spiritual theft that they also committed, ultimately they will use the one to feed the other. Along with a lot of radical fadct-less imaginery political theories.
uniface wrote: What I can offer is the thought that people are chronically trying to make the world smaller and simpler for themselves. It helps them cope, I think.
Very true, as I've learned from impact studies.

For me it was interesting to hear the Amarya use of nickel-copper alloys quickly passed through in this documentary, as was the serpent in Egyptian creation stories, and the documentarians' attempt to belittle the impact evidence from India.

One thing for certain, if there were any ancient alien contacts, then the mess von Danniken, George, and David put out does nothing to help find them.
uniface wrote: For what it's worth (assuming anything), I've written before of having spent some time (1960s) talking with Lightfoot Tall King Eagle, the/a Shaman (although he never called himself that) of the Susquehannocks (who I believe you've identified as a remnant of the Andaste).

When I asked him about UFOs, he said his people called them "Sky Canoes," and warned that the ones that glow white were piloted by benign beings, but to flee from the ones that glow red.

He also recounted a tale of how one of the elders of the tribe, out one winter night to smoke his pipe in solitude, came back in and announced that a SC individual had told him that, come spring, all the trees in a certain area would fail to green up (die). After they'd discussed this, they decided to timber that section so it wouldn't go to waste. Those trees they hadn't gotten to by greenup, sure enough, were dead.
This is complicated, uniface, as in recent times there have been some very confused individuals trying to pass themselves off as Andaste.

There are others who have Andaste ancestry, and your man appears to have been one of them.

You have to remember that most of the tradition keepers were killed in the conquest, and that many Native American descendents are trying to piece together the fragments that are left, with greater or lesser degrees of success. They do this under the influences of modern society.

In any case, I think you should write down exactly what George Applegate told you as best you can remember, and leave it to others to sort out whether it was tradition or not.

For me, it will take $80,000-$100,000 to recover other Andaste fragments from the colonial archives.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

uniface wrote:
A reply about on a par, IMHO, with "Show me the boat."

Maybe you are suggesting that the aliens are termites? Or pine beetles?

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi min -

Aside from what the folks from the bars create, it looks to some people like rotating magnetic/electirc fields may create some "unusual" crop patterns. Others believe that these may be related to ET propulsion systems.

While I myself have not gone through any of these conjectures or closely examined any data, the important thing is that no one knows.

Suffice it to say that I mnysefl am very highly skeptical of anything except for natural causes, and that it does not interest me that much.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Others believe that these may be related to ET propulsion systems.
There are people who "believe" that "Noah" loaded two of every species on an ark, too.

People believe lots of strange stuff, E.P.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Minimalist wrote:
People believe lots of strange stuff, E.P.
Yes indeed.

An additional note I need to make here is that many archaeologists confuse Andaste and Susquehannock and/or Conestoga.
They were very different.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andaste

So it seems. Of course, I don't know....or particularly care...either way.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

many archaeologists confuse Andaste and Susquehannock and/or Conestoga. They were very different.
Clarification appreciated.
oldarchystudent

Post by oldarchystudent »

My karma ran over my dogma.