New pathway proposed for ancient flood

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Meltwaters off northwestern Canada’s ice sheet would have shut down the ocean’s heat circulation 13,000 years ago

"The 1,200-year-long cold spell, known as the Younger Dryas, interrupted a warm period 12,900 years ago when the massive ice sheet covering much of Canada was melting. During the cold snap, temperatures in parts of the Northern Hemisphere dropped to about 10 degrees Celsius colder than they are today."

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic ... ient_flood

I wish they would make up their minds & quit waffling.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: New pathway proposed for ancient flood

Post by Minimalist »

But there’s still one missing piece of the puzzle. Condron and Winsor assume most of the freshwater came from a melting dome of ice in northwestern Canada. Geologists have yet to find direct evidence that such a large pool of water actually existed,
Well, it will give them something to look for.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Farpoint

Re: New pathway proposed for ancient flood

Post by Farpoint »

See Murton et al 2010

But there conclusions are disputed by T G Fisher
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right question.

"The track of a glacier is as unmistakable as that of a man or a bear, and is as significant and trustworthy as any other legible inscription"
John Strong Newberry; 1873