Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Nacon

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Nacon »

Kalopin wrote:
Where have I confused 'topography' and 'stratigraphy'? It is YOU that apparently does not understand either!

Given that psychological analysis is not a one of my fields of personal expertise, any responses to what has devolved into incoherent ramblings that reflect a notably ill-informed understanding of the previously presented research material would be of minimal value.

Therefore, for the sake of clarification, please present your specific definition of stratigraphy.

E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Nacon wrote: E.P.

As previously referred to, articles that you may wish to peruse:

Carlson, Anders E.
2010 What Caused the Younger Dryas Cold Event? Geology, Vol. 38., No. 4, pp. 383-384.

Condron, Alan and Peter Winsor
2012 Meltwater Routing and the Younger Dryas. PNAS (available on line).

As always, timelines become a matter of serious consideration. This is one of the factors that brought Goodyear's earlier reports under close scrutiny (e.g. Gainey, etc.)
Hi nacom -

Thanks.
The exact sequence is key in explaining why the Pleisotcene-Holocene transition differed from the other glacial cycles.

I'm not a psychologist either, but I have to deal with a lot of nuts.
I attribute Kalopn's delusions to bad music and drugs. :roll:
Its either that or the cats. :mrgreen:
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Kalopin wrote:
Earth is a 'new' planet, Homosapian has existed for many billions years before this planet did, and Panspermia has spread life throughout the Universe.

I bet kalopin feels very manly and potent when he utters that phrase... :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

circumspice wrote:
Kalopin wrote:
Earth is a 'new' planet, Homosapian has existed for many billions years before this planet did, and Panspermia has spread life throughout the Universe.

Could it be.....

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

circumspice wrote:
Kalopin wrote:

I read this five times, went away, came back and read it three more times......could not find an appropriate facepalm to suit this remark...... :roll:
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Here you go, boss, With my compliments.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

MichelleH wrote:
circumspice wrote:
Kalopin wrote:

I read this five times, went away, came back and read it three more times......could not find an appropriate facepalm to suit this remark...... :roll:

As long as you all understand, I feel the same way about your primitive belief system.
When you begin to understand how evolution and creation works, you will understand that it could not have taken so many billions of years for life to form on one little planet three-quarters out on one little galaxy within billions of others, most of which are much older.
The "face palm" goes to the closed-minded ignorant belief that man evolved from ape only a couple million years ago and has only devolped to this intelligence in the past couple hundred thousand years. What arrogance and ignorance to assume that within suchh a vast universe with untold amounts of habitable planets, that this could be the only one with humans or intelligent life [so-called]
Catastrophe has hidden the records. You can give NO proof to the passed-on-ignorance being taught, tested and graded in our schools :twisted: . This is irresponsible behaviour that must end in order to find the real facts and truths behind our existence.
And NO, your fossil records do NOT give any good description, as most of the discoveries are just being ignored!

Why don't you all try and figure out at least the last catastrophe to occur [on December 16, 1811!], before embarking on further past events [that you have obviously confused!]. If you understand what really happened, it may make you understand why you would think our history is so young. 'Evolutionists' go off on 'Creationists' for their dating, when, in fact their believed dates are badly mistakingly FLAWED! Even if the universe is only your believed 13.7 billion years, do you really believe it would have taken that long, more than 13 billion years for life to begin forming? If this is your belief then I must pass the sad "double-face-palm" right back at ya"! :lol:

UCY.TV- Voice of Humanity: http://ucy.tv/Default.aspx?PID=111&T=The Voice of Humanity "The Voice of Humanity with The Master of Many Things-5/15/2013-5/22/2013" , enjoy the show! :D
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

I found W.K. C.Guthrie's "Orpheus and Greek Religion" to be an excellent read.

kalopin is not unique, there are many people like him.

The economy is in recession/depression and they have no idea why and how.

They have to deal with their loss of status within that system, and as they can't come up with an asnswer,
they create a new system that frees them from responsibility.

At this time belief in re-incarnation rises, as Guthrie pointed out. Claim status for who you were, rather than who you are. In kalopin's case, he views himself as a "special messenger", rather than who he is, and if we reject his "special message"...

The DSM probably labels this as paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of grandeur brought on by collapse of status.
While I do not play a psychologist on TV, due to the field of my work I have to deal with staggering numbers of similarly confused people in my daily life.

My guess is that kalopin is "lumpen prole" in Marxist terms, bourgeouisie who have lost status due to economic collapse.
But then I've never been one to follow Marx.

It is apparent that kalopin is proudly detached from reality.

Once again, he is hardly unique in that regard.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Minimalist wrote:Here you go, boss, With my compliments.

:lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope