Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Minimalist »

There must soon be a re-assessment of what a comet is, where they actually are coming from and what effects they may have...
Then I suggest you find actual evidence to make your case. So far what we seem to have is you saying we were hit when everyone else says we were not.

Surely you understand the concept of burden of proof?

On another board I frequent there are jesus freaks who insist the sun stood still in the sky for a day because it is written in a silly old book of fairy tales. I think they are full of shit.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Minimalist wrote:
There must soon be a re-assessment of what a comet is, where they actually are coming from and what effects they may have...
Then I suggest you find actual evidence to make your case. So far what we seem to have is you saying we were hit when everyone else says we were not.

On another board I frequent there are jesus freaks who insist the sun stood still in the sky for a day because it is written in a silly old book of fairy tales. I think they are full of shit.
No, min, Kalopin is playing with the concept of burden of proof.
You have to prove to him that he is wrong, and he does not want to hear it.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Kalopin wrote: Jees, as you still have not even attempted to answer one of my simple questions that should be in every geology book, you also continue to postulate on positions with no information to back you up!
Go back and re-read through the thread, K.
Kalopin wrote: Why do you think that thousands were not killed?
Because you yourself are are citing correspondence from people who would have been killed had an impact or plasma phenomenon moved that dirt.
Kalopin wrote: You just make the statement "And that did not happen"-Why not? Do you not realize that makes you the 'arm waiver'?
You are the one who keeps on making idiot claims, K.
I have been politely pointing out again and again and again that they are idiot claims and that you risk turning yourself into an idiot by repeating them.
No arm waving involved, K. :twisted:
Kalopin wrote: You are the one who keeps screaming out foul, with no backing, as I continue to post questions that you are unable to answer.
It is not that I am unable to answer your questions,K.
It is just that you are too stupid, too disturbed, or too interested in wasting my time
to understand my answers. 8)

Kalopin wrote: I have told you that there is a void where the impact occurred, that there were many more Chickasaw prior to this event, and this is why settlers easily took this land. People thought Yazoo meant 'death' because their land was so broken up and empty. You will find no reports from 'The Office of Indian Affairs' from 1809-1822. Here are SOME of my reasons-what are yours?
You could tell me that the Moon was made of Bleu Cheese,K., but that would not make it so.
What you know about Chicasaw history has been completely scrambled by this EU nonsense. :evil:
Kalopin wrote: I do not have to prove that you are not an expert, you are doing a wonderful job! :lol:
I have put in the study and you have not. :wink:
You do not know why I am engaging with you here, though you think that you do, K. 8)
Given the developmental state of impact studies, I usually argue from data.
It is clear that you are inumerate, and rely on the inumeracy of others to carry your points. :roll:
Kalopin wrote: 21. Why are you unable to find any information at all throughout the proposed strike zone, when there is information coming from every direction around it?
22. What can force to seperate slabs of rock to be completely welded together? [study the photos at http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopin-legacy ]
K., from what I've seen of your "impactite" geological samples,
about the only thing they have demonstrated to me is that you know nothing about geology.

Eyewitness first hand accounts of the New Madrid earthquake are available.
The real question you need to ask yourself is why you did not find them, K.
Hint: Everyone here already knows the answer to that question.
Kalopin wrote: P.S. :idea: Waltzs' suck. You should first start at the beginning! You like tunes and religion? Study, learn, and realize starting with some [all of] Professors Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath :!: :shock: :wink: :lol:
Your comment is highly diagnostic as to the causes of your current delusions.
The Pink Floyd concert with thei quadrophonic sound systems at the Carousel Ballroom (3,000 seats) in SF in 1970 at $4 a ticket was excellent.
You would have to pay me to listen to Black Flag, and I never sought out anyone to get me that job.
You been smoking something dusted, K.? :twisted:

You do not know what my religious views are, other than that I despise spiritual thieves.
Let's keep it that way.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Minimalist wrote:

Study all the facts- http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopins-legacy ,read the article "A Few Comments on 1811"
Your redundancy has been noted.
As I have given you many reasons to believe an impact, no one has given any reasons for their not to have been an impact.

Plenty evidence has been given in my favor-
Do you not believe that seeing bright lights going across the skies just before the first quake may be evidence?
Go back through this thread and answer the questions, such as-
What are the processes that could have formed the topography of the Mississippi embayment?... [and good luck!]

P.S. Every 'fairy tail' has a moral! you got some hope [can't see it either!] :wink:
Last edited by Kalopin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
Kalopin wrote: Jees, as you still have not even attempted to answer one of my simple questions that should be in every geology book, you also continue to postulate on positions with no information to back you up!
Go back and re-read through the thread, K.
Kalopin wrote: Why do you think that thousands were not killed?
Because you yourself are are citing correspondence from people who would have been killed had an impact or plasma phenomenon moved that dirt.
Kalopin wrote: You just make the statement "And that did not happen"-Why not? Do you not realize that makes you the 'arm waiver'?
You are the one who keeps on making idiot claims, K.
I have been politely pointing out again and again and again that they are idiot claims and that you risk turning yourself into an idiot by repeating them.
No arm waving involved, K. :twisted:
Kalopin wrote: You are the one who keeps screaming out foul, with no backing, as I continue to post questions that you are unable to answer.
It is not that I am unable to answer your questions,K.
It is just that you are too stupid, too disturbed, or too interested in wasting my time
to understand my answers. 8)

Kalopin wrote: I have told you that there is a void where the impact occurred, that there were many more Chickasaw prior to this event, and this is why settlers easily took this land. People thought Yazoo meant 'death' because their land was so broken up and empty. You will find no reports from 'The Office of Indian Affairs' from 1809-1822. Here are SOME of my reasons-what are yours?
You could tell me that the Moon was made of Bleu Cheese,K., but that would not make it so.
What you know about Chicasaw history has been completely scrambled by this EU nonsense. :evil:
Kalopin wrote: I do not have to prove that you are not an expert, you are doing a wonderful job! :lol:
I have put in the study and you have not. :wink:
You do not know why I am engaging with you here, though you think that you do, K. 8)
Given the developmental state of impact studies, I usually argue from data.
It is clear that you are inumerate, and rely on the inumeracy of others to carry your points. :roll:
Kalopin wrote: 21. Why are you unable to find any information at all throughout the proposed strike zone, when there is information coming from every direction around it?
22. What can force to seperate slabs of rock to be completely welded together? [study the photos at http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopin-legacy ]
K., from what I've seen of your "impactite" geological samples,
about the only thing they have demonstrated to me is that you know nothing about geology.

Eyewitness first hand accounts of the New Madrid earthquake are available.
The real question you need to ask yourself is why you did not find them, K.
Hint: Everyone here already knows the answer to that question.
Kalopin wrote: P.S. :idea: Waltzs' suck. You should first start at the beginning! You like tunes and religion? Study, learn, and realize starting with some [all of] Professors Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath :!: :shock: :wink: :lol:
Your comment is highly diagnostic as to the causes of your current delusions.
The Pink Floyd concert with thei quadrophonic sound systems at the Carousel Ballroom (3,000 seats) in SF in 1970 at $4 a ticket was excellent.
You would have to pay me to listen to Black Flag, and I never sought out anyone to get me that job.
You been smoking something dusted, K.? :twisted:

You do not know what my religious views are, other than that I despise spiritual thieves.
Let's keep it that way.

And YOUR redundancy has become annoying!
I expected another runaround answer.
I have read the original eyewitness accounts, and almost all put blame on the comet. You are not paying attention.
It has become clear that you do not wish to understand what really occurred. There is plenty of evidence for impact and no evidence to the contrary.
Why are there no accounts all the way from Dyersburg to Jackson,Ms.? There is a huge empty gap in information, find the answers...

What 'idiot claims'? That an ice sheet pulled land away from the equator?-that is idiocy! No, you are holding on to a bunch of 'idiot claims' and apparently it is YOU that is 'too stupid' to understand reality! [baduh :lol: ]

NO! Big difference between 'Black Flag' and "Black Sabbath"! :roll:
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Good morning, K. -

There is no difference between Black Flag and Black Sabbath. Both are rotten.
But then that is just my opinion.

Let us return to your legacy.

First off, you are not looking very hard for accounts from the areas you mention.
The New Madrid Earthquake was studied in modern times from the 1960's on, including the written accounts.
Mississippi has an archive center, and I assume those accounts should be available through them.
You can also check the St. Louis libraries for their holdings.

Your problem lies in this source:
http://www.electricquakes.com/

It makes this unreferenced statement:
"Quite a few studies link increased probability of earthquakes with increased solar flare/flux output."

But adds:

"Other possible mechanisms are possible electromagnetic field interaction with the rotating metallic core of the earth or a piezoelectric expansion and contraction of rocks in the earth."

My understanding is that it is piezo-electric effect, as mentioned:
"http://www.electricquakes.org/electriccurrentsrocks.png"

But the absolutely certain demonstration of your legacy as being confused lies here, as I mentioned before:

"The basis for these impact studies are found in the energy relationships for terrestrial craters, both from impact and from nuclear explosion, and are well documented by Baldwin (1963). The results of these experiments can be stated as a simple cube scaling law where crater diameters are proportional to the cube root of the energy of the explosion. (*) For one such explosion (Teapot-Ess) a 300 foot crater was produced by a 1.2 kiloton nuclear device. The relationship for this blast is:

D = kWl/3 (equation 1)

where:

D = diameter of the crater in feet
k = proportionality constant
W = energy of blast in ergs (1 ton TNT = 4.16 X 1016 )

Solving for the proportionality constant:

3______________________
300' = k \/(1.2 X 103)(4.16 X 1016)

k = 8.1 X 10-5

(*) More exact relationships can be found using exponents other than 3.00 (Baldwin, 1963). The authors feel, however, that simple cube scaling will suffice for a first approximation.

This relationship (D = 8.1 X 10 5 X W 1/3) has been used for impact craters and for craters produced by other nuclear devices and appears to be legitimate. This expression, then, can be applied to the Carolina Bays to determine the size of object necessary to produce one average bay and the size of object required to produce all bays, assuming fragmentation. The energy, W, can be calculated by assuming all the kinetic energy to be available for the blast. The cube scaling law then becomes:

D = k(l/2MV2)1/3 (equation 2)

where:

1/2MV2 = kinetic energy."

THIS IS CALLED A SCALING LAW.
There are other versions of it, using other units of measure.

(I find it useful to convert energy to Hiroshima blasts, because people can understand it then. I did that math before my stroke. See my book for the scaling law I used, and the method of Hiroshima conversion, which is standard expert practice now.)

You know the diameter, so you can calculate the energy involved in moving that mass of dirt.

Then figure out the atmospheric effects of that much energy. 1.8 atmospheres lead to rupturing of the lungs and death.

Add deaths due to IR light burns.

As I told you earlier, and this is without exact calculation but simply by rough diameter comparison,
you are a victim of the "Electric Universe" idiots, who have not only turned part of your brain to s**t and wasted your time, but also turned you into a person who completely wasted not only my time but the time of everyone else here you've bothered here with their nonsense.
So stop it.
Q. E. D.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

By the way, what is "kalopin"?
If it is one of the herbal blends that claim to be "legal marijuana", that is a load,
as some of them cause psychotic breaks and birth defects.

Willie Nelson: "Do you know how much condoms cost in the 60's?"
Young person: "No."
Willie Nelson: "I don't either. We didn't have to use them."
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

An easier version of the scaling law in this case is:

D (km) roughly equals the cube root of W,

where W is the explosion energy in units of millions of
tons of TNT equivalent (megatons; Mt).

DO THE MATH.
PROVIDE US WITH ALL OF YOUR WORK.
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Good morning, K. -

There is no difference between Black Flag and Black Sabbath. Both are rotten.
But then that is just my opinion.

Let us return to your legacy.

First off, you are not looking very hard for accounts from the areas you mention.
The New Madrid Earthquake was studied in modern times from the 1960's on, including the written accounts.
Mississippi has an archive center, and I assume those accounts should be available through them.
You can also check the St. Louis libraries for their holdings.

Your problem lies in this source:
http://www.electricquakes.com/

It makes this unreferenced statement:
"Quite a few studies link increased probability of earthquakes with increased solar flare/flux output."

But adds:

"Other possible mechanisms are possible electromagnetic field interaction with the rotating metallic core of the earth or a piezoelectric expansion and contraction of rocks in the earth."

My understanding is that it is piezo-electric effect, as mentioned:
"http://www.electricquakes.org/electriccurrentsrocks.png"

But the absolutely certain demonstration of your legacy as being confused lies here, as I mentioned before:

"The basis for these impact studies are found in the energy relationships for terrestrial craters, both from impact and from nuclear explosion, and are well documented by Baldwin (1963). The results of these experiments can be stated as a simple cube scaling law where crater diameters are proportional to the cube root of the energy of the explosion. (*) For one such explosion (Teapot-Ess) a 300 foot crater was produced by a 1.2 kiloton nuclear device. The relationship for this blast is:

D = kWl/3 (equation 1)

where:

D = diameter of the crater in feet
k = proportionality constant
W = energy of blast in ergs (1 ton TNT = 4.16 X 1016 )

Solving for the proportionality constant:

3______________________
300' = k \/(1.2 X 103)(4.16 X 1016)

k = 8.1 X 10-5

(*) More exact relationships can be found using exponents other than 3.00 (Baldwin, 1963). The authors feel, however, that simple cube scaling will suffice for a first approximation.

This relationship (D = 8.1 X 10 5 X W 1/3) has been used for impact craters and for craters produced by other nuclear devices and appears to be legitimate. This expression, then, can be applied to the Carolina Bays to determine the size of object necessary to produce one average bay and the size of object required to produce all bays, assuming fragmentation. The energy, W, can be calculated by assuming all the kinetic energy to be available for the blast. The cube scaling law then becomes:

D = k(l/2MV2)1/3 (equation 2)

where:

1/2MV2 = kinetic energy."

THIS IS CALLED A SCALING LAW.
There are other versions of it, using other units of measure.
)I find it useful to convert energy to Hiroshima blasts, because people can understand it then.)

See my book for the scaling law I used, and the method of Hiroshima conversion.

You know the diameter, so you can calculate the energy involved in moving that mass of dirt.

Then figure out the atmospheric effects of that much energy. 1.8 atmospheres lead to rupturing of the lungs and death.

Add deaths due to IR light burns.

As I told you earlier, and this is without exact calculation, but simply by rough diameter comparison,
you are a victim of the "Electric Universe" idiots, who have not only turned part of your brain to s**t and wasted your time, but also turned you into a person who completely wasted not only my time but the time of everyone else here you've bothered with their nonsense.
So stop it.
Q. E. D.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

By the way, what is "kalopin"?
If it is one of the herbal blends that claim to be "legal marijuana", that is a load,
as some of them cause psychotic breaks and birth defects.

Willie Nelson: "Do you know how much condoms cost in the 60's?"
Young person: "No."
Willie Nelson: "I don't either. We didn't have to use them."

The impact measurements are absurd! They fail to take into account many variables and intracacies. There are many sites to give an estimate http://impact.ese.ic.ac.uk/ImpactEffects [have used it many times and my hypothesis works with several different inputs], but none to recognize all the possibilities and differences between the type of projectile and the type of target being hit. If the same meteor to create Barringer Crater in the Arizona desert had hit the ocean, then there would be no evidence after a tsunami.

It is all this that is so disturbing to me. so much inconsiderance given to such important details. A river valley will not react the same as a desert, ocean, magma chamber, salt flat, mountain, glacier,... and a projectile consisting of solid iron will not react the same as one of pumice.

There are many that need to go back to the drawing board and realize their mistakes, as they have overlooked important information. Mmmm, remind you of someone? Yeas, you! You are trying your best to disregard all the evidence put forth, but why, I ask? Why are you so determined to ignore the questions and all the other evidence? Are you one of those 'status quo protectors'? Are you frightened of meteor impacts? or, is this all just going right over your head?

Study the information at the site: http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopins-legacy
Here you will find the truths behind the myths... :)
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:An easier version of the scaling law in this case is:

D (km) roughly equals the cube root of W,

where W is the explosion energy in units of millions of
tons of TNT equivalent (megatons; Mt).

DO THE MATH.
PROVIDE US WITH ALL OF YOUR WORK.
http://impact.ese.ic.ac.uk/ImpactEffects/ To make it simple, just input 40 in every question box. Comes out to about a 7.8 quake on sedimentary. Although this does not take into consideration many variables, it does show an impact to be easily viable [more detailed numbers gives better results]. There are a few other sites such as this, and all show the posiibility of impact.

Now, find out how much energy would need to be released from a small fault deep in the middle of a plate to ring churchbells in Charleston, South Carolina [it can not be done!] :lol:

The numbers and all the math are there on the site for anyone to see. So, I have done the math-your turn. :roll:
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

K.,

What part of

SHOW YOUR WORK

do you not understand?

Get back when to us whenever you are able to SHOW YOUR WORK.

Since you are one of the calculator generation who can not do even simple math, in this case a simple statement of energy in megatons from that computer program will do.

As far as propagation goes, you do not know what you are talking about there either, as the subsurface propagation to South Carolina was entirely measured during recent seismic acivity in the mid continent last year.

Mentioning it now does nothing to change the facts, but rather demonstrates your usual behavior when cornered on any "fact" you bring up to support your fantasy.

Aside from that, due to its structure, you can not tie up this entire bbs with your delusions.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

*yawn*
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

E.P. Grondine wrote:K.,

What part of

SHOW YOUR WORK

do you not understand?

Get back when to us whenever you are able to SHOW YOUR WORK.

Since you are one of the calculator generation who can not do even simple math, in this case a simple statement of energy in megatons from that computer program will do.

As far as propagation goes, you do not know what you are talking about there either, as the subsurface propagation to South Carolina was entirely measured during recent seismic acivity in the mid continent last year.

Mentioning it now does nothing to change the facts, but rather demonstrates your usual behavior when cornered on any "fact" you bring up to support your fantasy.

Aside from that, due to its structure, you can not tie up this entire bbs with your delusions.
No, "As far as propagation goes, YOU do NOT know what YOU are taslking about"!
Let's give some study to Seth Stein's findings, shall we?
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999 ... fault-area
"...found yearly movement along the fault area to be less than 2 millimeters..."!
Really? 2 millimeters? The fault is not even able to move, it is not between two plates, it is in the middle of one plate.
"We have no way of knowing how big those quakes were...', Seth Stein" -Yea, other than the satellite view, the impactites, the original accounts, astronomers observations, immediate topography,... Study these and find the truths... :)

You see, they have already determined the fault not strong enough for the reports! They try to say the churchbells ringing was just a myth, very few perished and no where near the damage-because they believeD it to be a tectonic event. So, do you understand how it would have taken the force of a meteor impact to cause the people to report such events. Or, you can try to believe that they were making it all up as well! :lol:

Could you 'show your work' concerning where you found a study on subsurface propagation from the NMSZ to South Carolina? :roll:
Apparently only my 'fantasy' beliefs have documentation? :lol:
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

circumspice wrote:*yawn*
Hoping you had a nice nap 8)
Someting that may wake you up?: http://www.weather.com/news/science/spa ... a-20130320
"Pray, Says NASA" :!: :?: :shock: :o :lol: -cause that is all you can do... :?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

As I have given you many reasons to believe an impact
It seems that you are the only one impressed.

http://vineoflife.net/2013/02/25/recent ... ll-active/
Feb 24, 2013 10:17 AM EST| SOURCE

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – Saturday’s 3.6 magnitude earthquake near Trumann, Arkansas was a reminder that the New Madrid Seismic Zone is still active.

The 3.6 mag. earthquake was centered just southwest of Trumann in Poinsett County and was felt across a dozen or so counties in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Mississippi. It was one of hundreds of earthquakes that shake the region each year.
Perhaps there was another comet strike that everyone missed....except you?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Awww, isn't that precious? We have a troll! :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope