A Bad Day for Younger Dryas Impact Theory

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Re: A Bad Day for Younger Dryas Impact Theory

Post by circumspice »

Prepare for weeping, wailing & gnashing of teeth... :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Happy Holidays to everyone in the Archaeologica family!:-]
"...We review the available data on diamonds in sediments and provide new data. We find no evidence for lonsdaleite in YDB sediments and find no evidence of a spike in nanodiamond concentration at the YDB layer to support the impact hypothesis..."
"...For the second time in 10 years, Daulton has carefully reviewed the evidence, and found no evidence for a spike in nanodiamond concentration in Younger Dryas sediments. Since nanodiamonds are the strongest piece of evidence for the impact hypothesis, their absence effectively discredits it..."
]twice in a decade?, mmm, that solves it!-;-]
[...well, maybe someone should take a trip to the eye-doctor? ;-]
Though this is not the definitive evidence... As I am sure you understand- the Yucatan peninsula has been covered in limestone... Where'd it come from? There are several pyramids, many temples and structures deep down in narrow caves, of this limestone...
How did the limestone get there?...and how would anyone, at this moment in time, [or even today for that matter,] build such a massive city underground?, through "narrow" caves?...and why?... [...it was covered...it's a cover-up!]

...and this is only a small portion of the overwhelming evidence being presented...
...so, in this "post truth era" and with all the fake news, propaganda, false narratives,... it makes it even more difficult for anyone with an interest in the truth to sort through all the nonsense and to find the real science and the actual history that has gotten this planet to its current state...

[This is why I ask you to have an open mind and to go through every detail closely, and only then can we determine the real percentage of possibility...]

...and you know what evidence...please don't make me re-post all this.;-]
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I don't know if I am a believer or not.
But

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence."

And, it is a good story after, all.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Perhaps the Younger Dryas didn't exist, either?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Kalopin wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone in the Archaeologica family!:-]
"...We review the available data on diamonds in sediments and provide new data. We find no evidence for lonsdaleite in YDB sediments and find no evidence of a spike in nanodiamond concentration at the YDB layer to support the impact hypothesis..."
"...For the second time in 10 years, Daulton has carefully reviewed the evidence, and found no evidence for a spike in nanodiamond concentration in Younger Dryas sediments. Since nanodiamonds are the strongest piece of evidence for the impact hypothesis, their absence effectively discredits it..."
]twice in a decade?, mmm, that solves it!-;-]
[...well, maybe someone should take a trip to the eye-doctor? ;-]
Though this is not the definitive evidence... As I am sure you understand- the Yucatan peninsula has been covered in limestone... Where'd it come from? There are several pyramids, many temples and structures deep down in narrow caves, of this limestone...
How did the limestone get there?...and how would anyone, at this moment in time, [or even today for that matter,] build such a massive city underground?, through "narrow" caves?...and why?... [...it was covered...it's a cover-up!]

...and this is only a small portion of the overwhelming evidence being presented...
...so, in this "post truth era" and with all the fake news, propaganda, false narratives,... it makes it even more difficult for anyone with an interest in the truth to sort through all the nonsense and to find the real science and the actual history that has gotten this planet to its current state...

[This is why I ask you to have an open mind and to go through every detail closely, and only then can we determine the real percentage of possibility...]

...and you know what evidence...please don't make me re-post all this.;-]
I'm not sure why you find the presence of limestone a mystery when the Yucatan has been covered in shallow seas at various times. Most of the surface limestone deposits are relatively recent, dating from fairly recently in the Cenozoic Era. There's really no mystery involved if one understands how limestone forms.

http://www.backyardnature.net/yucatan/geology~.htm

Most limestone, not quite all, is marine in origin. There's really no mystery at all to explain why the bedrock in the Yucatan is limestone, but I take it you subscribe to a different history of the Earth that may not draw on geologic science.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

You can't reason with the unreasonable...

Kalopin/Tony Hood likes to foul this forum with his hysterical fantasies because it is quite possible that this is the only forum, reputable or fringe, that hasn't banned his delusional idiocy.

By the way Tony, Merry Christmas.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

shawomet wrote:
I'm not sure why you find the presence of limestone a mystery when the Yucatan has been covered in shallow seas at various times. Most of the surface limestone deposits are relatively recent, dating from fairly recently in the Cenozoic Era. There's really no mystery involved if one understands how limestone forms.

Most limestone, not quite all, is marine in origin. There's really no mystery at all to explain why the bedrock in the Yucatan is limestone, but I take it you subscribe to a different history of the Earth that may not draw on geologic science.
Have you looked up the current beliefs for the formation of these structures? ...it's a joke, right?
...slowly over millions of years? No one has even found the connection for all this- how the Ozarks, Kasha-katuwe, the massive amounts of limestone on the Yucatan, Betic Cordilleras, Rock of Gibraltar,...all project the same westerly direction-out from the Mediterranean and the fact that all this limestone had to come from somewhere, right? So, where else could it have come from, other than from beneath the Mediterranean sea?...
...Some extreme force had to push the Ozarks upward...the same force that bent the entire thickness of the plate inward on itself to form the embayment...the same force which piled up all the rock and material to form the Appalachias...

If you believe the limestone was deposited slowly and somehow grew in these strange formations, then I take it that you believe the city was built down in through narrow caves? ...I guess during the Mayan period? [you do realize how ridiculous that sounds, right?]
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

circumspice wrote:You can't reason with the unreasonable...

Kalopin/Tony Hood likes to foul this forum with his hysterical fantasies because it is quite possible that this is the only forum, reputable or fringe, that hasn't banned his delusional idiocy.

By the way Tony, Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas!
...my gift to you is the truth! In the spirit of giving, I offer you all this chance to go through every single detail and to find out our real past and the real science behind the YDB...

...as you have seen, there ends up being no other explanation for all these strange geological features, all the strange historical accounts, and all the scientifically proven effects which occurred all at this same moment in time, approx. 13kya...
Why such an abrupt change in the climate?
What caused devolution? ...plants and animals to either go extinct or to grow much smaller and to live much shorter lives?

...do you not find it weird that there hasn't even been one attempt to explain all the details of why this occurred? the only explanation, that has been presented so far, is that it may have been a comet or asteroid impact. Now, how would that have caused this amount of change?
...notice, there was no mention of any change to the size and scope of the strewn field? ...so, shocked quartz, nanodiamonds,...really does not matter, as there is so much more overwhelming evidence...
Would you like me to go over it again? ...just let me know what part you do not understand... ;-]
Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

Minimalist wrote:Perhaps the Younger Dryas didn't exist, either?
I know, right?
...let's just all become religious fanatics!;-]]]]]]]
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Tis the season for Tony's Messianic fantasies to merge with the existing holidays... culminating with his Panspermia ecstasy, resulting the mess you see on the pages of this forum... *barf* :roll:

Kalopin

Post by Kalopin »

[...it may help to understand-...] The Rock of Gibraltar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_of_Gibraltar Image...and the Betic Cordilleras https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subbaetic_System ImagePeña de la Cruz, the highest peak in the Sierra Arana -pictured here, along with a great deal of the Iberian Peninsula https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_o ... n_Peninsul Image
"Major components of the geology of the Iberian Peninsula"
...are also, in fact composed of limestone,
",,, Gibraltar Limestone, Little Bay Shale Formation (oldest), and Dockyard Shale Formation (age unknown). These strata are noticeably faulted and deformed.[6] ..."
..,have the exact same westerly projection and if you were to push the Ozarks to this point, they will match up quite well...
"...The Lancara Formation consists of a couple of hundred metres of limestone. The lower part was formed in peritidal zones in the Lower Cambrian, and the upper member from the Middle Cambrian contains fossils and is red or green glauconictic and nodular limestone...." "... almost every kind of rock is represented. World class mineral deposits can also be found there..."
ImageAll the mountains and rocks to the west of the Mediterranean sea all point in the exact same westerly projection, in the same direction that the YDB strewn field ejecta blanket projects... Please study closely the shape of each structure...
[now, is this my observation, or is this fact?]

[evolve-devolve-technology-catastrophe-...
...and this same scenario is playing out throughout the entire universe constantly...]

["...billions and billions..." ...and only on your one little, itty, bitty,...planet?!...lol!]
[Where did life begin?;-]
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

You're a one trick pony Tony. You spew the same bullshit ad infinitum/ad nauseum. Nothing new... same ole shit, different day. You even post the same 'borrowed' pics & charts. Nothing you post, other than your repetitive carnival barker bullshit, is originally done by you. Your obsession is known as monomania. You must be proud... :lol:

circumspice

Post by circumspice »

[evolve-devolve-technology-catastrophe-...
...and this same scenario is playing out throughout the entire universe constantly...]
Kalopin 251 26 Mar 2013, 16:38
Please tell us Tony... Where do you get this information? Where is this claim you made observable? What life forms on what other world's have you observed evolving/devolving? You made the claim, now show the proof.

shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Kalopin wrote:
shawomet wrote:

Have you looked up the current beliefs for the formation of these structures? ...it's a joke, right?
...slowly over millions of years? No one has even found the connection for all this- how the Ozarks, Kasha-katuwe, the massive amounts of limestone on the Yucatan, Betic Cordilleras, Rock of Gibraltar,...all project the same westerly direction-out from the Mediterranean and the fact that all this limestone had to come from somewhere, right? So, where else could it have come from, other than from beneath the Mediterranean sea?...
...Some extreme force had to push the Ozarks upward...the same force that bent the entire thickness of the plate inward on itself to form the embayment...the same force which piled up all the rock and material to form the Appalachias...

If you believe the limestone was deposited slowly and somehow grew in these strange formations, then I take it that you believe the city was built down in through narrow caves? ...I guess during the Mayan period? [you do realize how ridiculous that sounds, right?]
Hmmm. My first degree, many decades ago now, was in geology, so I'm just going to gently suggest you bring yourself up to speed and let it dawn upon yourself that something known as the "geological sciences" actually exist and can answer that which you find so compellingly mysterious. But, that probably won't cut it in this instance. This may be an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

"The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. This lack of awareness is attributed to their lower level of competence robbing them of the ability to critically analyse their performance, leading to a significant overestimate of themselves.
In simple words it's "people who are too stupid to know how stupid they are".

I posted this thread because the subject is popular here. I expect eventually EP will notice it and offer some cogent rebuttals.