"Peopling of the Americas" video recut

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

"Peopling of the Americas" video recut

Post by E.P. Grondine »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbM4vHc ... Ofte_O_Rhp

THe real question now is how fast NEUTRONS are produced in large hyper velocity impacts
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
circumspice

Re: "Peopling of the Americas" video recut

Post by circumspice »

Neurons E.P.?

How fast are you losing yours?

I believe you probably meant neutrons?
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi spice -

a whole lot of my neurons were lost in 2005, unfortunately.
typo fixed.
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

E.P., and fiends. Here's the article:

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep44031
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

E.P., I would dearly loved to have listened, as well as watched, that video presentation. I hope you can fix the audio someday so it can actually be understood. It's not so much the volume as it is the audio being constantly broken up. Quite impossible to really follow, which is a shame, IMHO.....
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

shawomet wrote:E.P., I would dearly loved to have listened, as well as watched, that video presentation. I hope you can fix the audio someday so it can actually be understood. It's not so much the volume as it is the audio being constantly broken up. Quite impossible to really follow, which is a shame, IMHO.....
I hope I can fix it someday myself.
The audio datalatch broke, andd it took a week to restore the audio to the point it is.

The key points:
1) There were TWO major impact events at the beginning of the Holocene.
2) Their locations can be very roughly estimated by melt water outflows.
3) In as much as the palaeo-climatologists do not agree about the dates for the Younger Dryas Boundary,
it is not useful to describe either of theses impact events in terms of the Younger Dryas Boundary.
4) mt DNA can be used to track crossings to and migrations within the Americas.
5) Fast neutrons are produced in large hyper-velocity impacts.