The HENGES of North America (was something about X mt DNA)

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

E.P. Grondine

Re: X mt DNA in North America

Post by E.P. Grondine »

circumspice wrote:EP... One of my nephews is 6'11" tall. He is naturally tall, without any of the related pathologies that many tall people suffer from. He is not a giant, he's just tall. My dad had a great uncle who was reportedly 7'1" tall. He wasn't a giant either. A great many people in my dad's family were exceedingly tall. So what? Tall people are the result of genetics combined with good nutrition. There is a known link between proper nutrition & height. Why make a big deal out of height anyway? It's not all that extraordinary or even uncommon. Why are you obsessed with tall Indians? I find that part entirely laughable. [/size]
Thanks for some sanity. What were dealing with is people and skeletons regularly into the mid 7 foot range.
Your point about nutrition and height is well taken.
But what happens to a hominid population that regularly receives very good nutrition?
My guess is that it mutates for height.

Height is just another very distinctive and easily observable Adena cultural marker.

There's nothing like having what you note made used to claim something you do not agree with.
Did your family members play basketball?
Its pretty clear to me that most anthropologists have not met any basketball players,
and that they have never attended an Osage powwow.

Right now I wonder when the Ivan van Sertima school will show up claiming Watusi ancestry for these folks. :lol:
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
What were dealing with is people and skeletons regularly into the mid 7 foot range .
When you consider the population and stature of the Adena ,that is not the case , we are dealing with the possibilty of a small number of skeletons that are of taller than average height for the area period and population .
The remains from the mounds mounds are not representative of the population's , number , gender , height , age , nutrition ,social status
E.P. Grondine wrote:Height is just another very distinctive and easily observable Adena cultural marker.
Height is not a cultural marker .
If it was so " easily observable " we would be able to observe it . Some happen to believe it to be the case , whether to suit other agendas , or more likely gullibility .
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
circumspice wrote:EP... One of my nephews is 6'11" tall. He is naturally tall, without any of the related pathologies that many tall people suffer from. He is not a giant, he's just tall. My dad had a great uncle who was reportedly 7'1" tall. He wasn't a giant either. A great many people in my dad's family were exceedingly tall. So what? Tall people are the result of genetics combined with good nutrition. There is a known link between proper nutrition & height. Why make a big deal out of height anyway? It's not all that extraordinary or even uncommon. Why are you obsessed with tall Indians? I find that part entirely laughable. [/size]
Thanks for some sanity. What were dealing with is people and skeletons regularly into the mid 7 foot range.
Your point about nutrition and height is well taken.
But what happens to a hominid population that regularly receives very good nutrition?
My guess is that it mutates for height.

Height is just another very distinctive and easily observable Adena cultural marker.

There's nothing like having what you note made used to claim something you do not agree with.
Did your family members play basketball?
Its pretty clear to me that most anthropologists have not met any basketball players,
and that they have never attended an Osage powwow.

Right now I wonder when the Ivan van Sertima school will show up claiming Watusi ancestry for these folks. :lol:
I must agree with Tiompan on this EP... Height has absolutely nothing to do with culture. Height is related to genetics, nutrition & sometimes with pathological conditions like gigantism.

Besides... What the hell do tall Indians have to do with impacts & tsunamis? You're spewing non sequiturs again.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

circumspice wrote: What the hell do tall Indians have to do with impacts & tsunamis?
There will be an agenda .More than likely involving dodgy genetics and even dodgier Andrew Collins .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

circumspice wrote: I must agree with Tiompan on this EP... Height has absolutely nothing to do with culture. Height is related to genetics, nutrition & sometimes with pathological conditions like gigantism.

Besides... What the hell do tall Indians have to do with impacts & tsunamis? You're spewing non sequiturs again.
Yes, height is related to genetics, among other things.
That is the point.
X mt DNA appears to tied with height in these people.

As far as impacts and tsunami's goes, it appears that you have not read "Man and Impact in the Americas".
May I suggest that it make a good Christmas gift to yourself?

The Andaste, like every other people, reacted to impacts and tsunami.
Given their distinctive culture, they are pretty easy to follow through time and myth.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Tiompan wrote: There will be an agenda. More than likely involving dodgy genetics and [the] even dodgier Andrew Collins.
X mt DNA distribution is what it is, tiompan.
As is the geological data on impact events.
How about the data as an agenda?

Now if that data does not agree with your preconceptions,
could it be that your theoretical framework is off?

As far as Andrew Collins goes, his book "From the Ashes of Angels" was very good.
I should remind you here that his notice of excarnation platforms and cult
is now being used in the analysis of the remains at Gobekli Tepe.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Yes , let's have data as an agenda .
Where is the data that shows that X mt DNA, more specifically X2a , has any connection with “giants “ or gigantism ,or it's distribution has anything to do with giants or impacts ?

As for Andrew Collins , where do we start with his easily refuted nonsense ?
More to the point seeing as you mentioned it , “Ashes of Angels “ was sold along with the tag “Provides convincing evidence that angels, demons, and fallen angels were flesh-and-blood members of a giant race predating humanity, spoken of in the Bible as the Nephilim. “ . You describe it as “very good “ .
Ok , it is a very good example of a genre typified by being poorly written , poorly researched , full of fantasy , lacking in evidence and popular with the gullible .

Schmidt ,the original , excavator had commented on the possibility of excarnation at GT long before Collins ,who merely quoted him .
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
As far as Andrew Collins goes, his book "From the Ashes of Angels" was very good.
I should remind you here that his notice of excarnation platforms and cult
is now being used in the analysis of the remains at Gobekli Tepe.

Collins is a fucking con man. He's right up there with Hancock & von Daniken, who happen to be the 'giants' of the ancient aliens, demons/angels, ufo/area 51, giants/Nephilim & sasquach conspiracy industry. It's pretty apparent where your so called 'data' is borrowed from EP. However, that said, I think that most of us would collapse in shock if you were to spew anything from a reputable source. You're only continuing in a long established tradition of yellow journalism.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
circumspice wrote: I must agree with Tiompan on this EP... Height has absolutely nothing to do with culture. Height is related to genetics, nutrition & sometimes with pathological conditions like gigantism.

Yes, height is related to genetics, among other things.
That is the point.
X mt DNA appears to tied with height in these people.

As far as impacts and tsunami's goes, it appears that you have not read "Man and Impact in the Americas".
May I suggest that it make a good Christmas gift to yourself?

The Andaste, like every other people, reacted to impacts and tsunami.
Given their distinctive culture, they are pretty easy to follow through time and myth.

I'd sooner chew on broken glass than read that tripe that you self published EP.

E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Thanks for sharing.

You know, besides the font size, you can embed images.

Is this what you are trying to say?:

If so, you're coming across more like this:

On Samantha Bee's "Full Frontal" Wednesday night, the late-night comedian examined the close-knit relationship between devout evangelicals and the less-than-devout leader of the free world, President Donald Trump. Specifically, she focused on how evangelicals' unconditional worship of him may have influenced his decisions, such as recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Certainly, she says, millennialist strains of the movement are loving it.

Bee rolled a clip of Steve Cioccolanti, the leader of Discover Ministries, who is among evangelicals that believe Trump "has truly signaled the end times."

"You heard them right, this bunch of fringe-dwelling internet lunatics think that Trump’s gambit might hasten the end of the world, and they are into it!" Bee said. "Christian-fundamentalist predictions about the end times seem like a movie that's got the violence of Quentin Tarantino, belief system of Mel Gibson and unhinged intensity of the fourth hour of the 'Today' show."

Bee described the movement behind groups such as Discover Ministries and Christians United for Israel, churches that believe the American recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital fulfills their apocalyptic prophecies, as an "Aryan death cult."

"This is a prophecy alert," Paul Begley, an Indiana pastor, said in another clip.

"They believe that Israel needs to be united and Jewish so Jews can rebuild their holy temple in Jerusalem at the Temple Mount," Bee explained.

She added sarcastically, "Since this site is currently in disputed territory and has a 1,000-year-old mosque on it, this requires nudging some Palestinians out of the way. So essentially, Christian fundamentalists want to get rid of Muslims so that Jews can form a human target for the anti-Christ and the world can end."

"In my church," Bee said, "we all just said 'peace be with you' and went home and ate sandwiches!"

She added that "these specific crazies" don't necessarily have much influence over the president, but then introduced pastor John Hagee, of Christians United for Israel, who said he told Trump to move the embassy to Jerusalem.

"This is the year to move the embassy and make that declaration, because it is a biblical timing of absolute precision," Hagee said he told Trump in a conversation.

Bee joked, "Of course Armageddon is the one thing that Trump happens to get done with absolute precision."

The data is what it is.
If Santa did not bring you anything, that is not my problem.
My problem is that you need to get used to it,
as asteroid and comet impacts are part of the human condition.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, anyway.

Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Ah, yes, the long suspected connection between Mike Pence and X Mt DNA in North America. About time. Lolol....
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

So much for data .
Or any association between impacts , giants and X2a .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

"To certain individuals of small mind and overweening ambition,
there is no greater insult than to be proved wrong."
- Lt.Cmdr. Thomas Dyer, U.S.N.

Tiompan, that is X2, not X2A; misquoting me is not fair dinkums.
spice, your actually have to read a book before you can critique it.
You both get a chunk of coal for Christmas.
Enjoy.

********************************************************* :twisted:
**************************************************** :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*********************************************** :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
************************************:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*******************************:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
********************************************************* :twisted:
********************************************************** :twisted:
****************************************************** :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Considering how often it has been shown to be applicable here with your multiple errors , you must be reminded of that Dyer quote on quite a regular basis. E.P.
I wasn't quoting you , that requires quotes .
I was being more specific .

To keep it simpler .

So much for data .

Or any association between impacts , giants and X2a or X or X2 .
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Thanks for sharing.

You know, besides the font size, you can embed images.

Is this what you are trying to say:?

The data is what it is.
If Santa did not bring you anything, that is not my problem.
My problem is that you need to get used to it,
as asteroid and comet impacts are part of the human condition.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, anyway.
Most of the time I make a conscious decision to not waste Michelle's bandwidth with large spurious images. I'm articulate enough to convey my thoughts with words. But yes EP, I was indeed giving you the one finger salute in a less than vulgar manner. I've read excerpts of that mess that you consider a magnum opus... It's pretty much bullshit. I won't waste any more of my time reading the rest of your sensationalist tripe.