Deleted

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Charlie Hatchett

Possible PreClovis Blade

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

And, of course, you are probably finding tools that have been used, worn down and then discarded so who knows how sharp the edges might have been originally.

I've often wondered what the 'failure rate' on flint tools may have been? It seems grossly unlikely that every attempt resulted in the successful creation of a tool. Somewhere, there must be a hell of a discard pile!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

LOL...

Seems odd that a small group of alleged hunters and gatherers could produce that much, doesn't it?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

What do you think, Bruce, maybe 500 to 1,000 BP?

Jim Bischoff, Geologist Emeritus, with the USGS, is Uranium-Thorium dating the carbonate on two of the artifacts as we speak. There's a team of three geologists that have a hunch these pieces unraveling out of the gravels might be from the Sangamonian Interglacial (80,000-220,000 B.P.), due to the thickness of the calcrete coatings. They feel the gravels might mark the beginning of the Wisconsin glacial advance. Because of the thickness of the calcrete coatings, it's postulated the coated flint pieces are at least as old as the last prolonged dry spell prior to the Wisconsin. Guess we'll see...

Here's the two specimens I sent him:
If you go at 80,000 to 220,000 you gonna rule out HS as the maker of those tools. What's your guess?
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

If they tried to sail it was to sail home.
Brew

Post by Brew »

Charlie, its good to see you still "in the field" getting dirt under your fingernails! I'd recognize some of those photos anywhere! Not to mention I can see your fingerprints in some... wait... yep, it's you!

And I am still Brew

The furnace, BTW, is definitely Anunnaki
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Charlie Hatchett wrote:
Seems odd that a small group of alleged hunters and gatherers could produce that much, doesn't it?
Right? I don't think this was a small band of nomads. These guys seemed to have "set up shop" for the long haul. Seems as if there were a bunch of them. But, who knows, Bro?

That would imply a settlement, which, if humans have any consistency should be upstream and upwind of the 'furnaces.' Also, there should be a source of iron ore somewhere nearby....assuming all of this wasn't obliterated by repeated flooding.

-- George Carlin
Brew

Post by Brew »

Charlie, maybe not quite what you're looking for, bu Jason Martell has a nice website at http://xfacts.com/ancient/

Lotsa photos!

Thanks for the welcome...

Brew (Phil)
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Lucky guess on my part.

Pre-Columbian evidence of iron in North America would be a big deal. Even "The Club" would have to take notice.

Your first inkling of that would be when they start calling you a "pseudo-scientist." Wear it as a badge of honor!

-- George Carlin