Deleted

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Frank, you really need to read all of todays' posts. And I know that you will. In the guest section of this forum I think we should meet and greet new members and guests. Marduk attacked a new member for something he believed.

Frank that is not the place to do that. You will notice that I simply gave a new member a belated welcome. And as he has done all day, Marduk posted behind me and attacked him again. I told the poster to ignore him. If you go back and look - Marduk has driven off new members before. I don't think he should be allowed in the guest section.

I'll take you at your word that he is trying to get along. But not with me he isn't. I haven't posted to him one time today, and he has come behind me with a rude and sarcastic remark.

He even followed me to another forum today and posted behind me. It was embarrassing for me and this forum.

Please read on - if you think Marduk is trying to get along and I'm a problem, just let me know.

You and Michelle both know that I have never written one of you suggesting that you should do this or that. My feelings have always been straight up - for everyone to see. Just like this.

I don't want to talk to Marduk. And I won't.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

You both do it and you both need to stop it. The best way to handle a different opinion is to post your own in an intelligent and concise way. If you two have to ignore one another then do so, but I think you'll both be missing out on some very good stuff if you do. Both of you have made very good points before and will do so in the future, I'm sure. Just stop the personal attacks and stick to the discussion.
Geez! Now I know how a schoolbus driver must feel.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Frank, I'm sorry but there must be some sort of different perspective one has by reading all of the days posts at one time rather than being here in real time.

I have ignored him all day! He has been trying to engage me in an argument all day! I guess that is difficult to see from your perspective.

So - final note on the subject. I will ignore him. Please note from now on how he tries to draw me into an argument. You might also note his incivility to other posters.

When he attacks and tries to browbeat a brand new member, or guest, I think you should address that problem. It doesn't matter what the subject is Frank, that has no business in the Guest Section. :roll:
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Some people just have no sense of humor. It's not your responsibility to see that anyone is nice to new members. I have read all of this and Beagle you provoked the first attack. So knock it off. I'm gettin' real sick of it. Stop your damn whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow the fuck up!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Geez! Now I know how a schoolbus driver must feel.
Frank, you don't know me personally, and I can appreciate how you must feel, trying to keep the peace, etc.

But my God that is offensive to me. Please don't lump me in with Marduks
schoolbus. I am not a child.

I'm not saying this to make your job harder - I've been in management all my life, and it is not easy. So I'm sorry for any hassle.

All I want is Marduk off my ass. You will be forced to ban him in the future but that is not my problem. Your problem is that he will drive off other good new members before you do that.

The balance between those two events is entirely up to you. In the end you are simply going to make the same decision that other moderaters around the internet have made. I'm out of it.

Any help you can give me regarding keeping him off my ass is appreciated.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Frank Harrist wrote:Some people just have no sense of humor. It's not your responsibility to see that anyone is nice to new members. I have read all of this and Beagle you provoked the first attack. So knock it off. I'm gettin' real sick of it. Stop your damn whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow the fuck up!
Easy out Frank. You will never have to ask Michelle to ban me. All you have to do is speak to me in that manner one more time.

And you're telling people how to get along?
Essan

Post by Essan »

marduk wrote:
The second set is for comparison...their actual, authenticated Mousterian artifacts, as far as I know
ah nuts
you know I believe as you do that at least one Homo species was in the americas at a time that generally orthodoxy hasn't accepted yet
that second set would have clinched it for me
but bugger it charlie you didn't find them so they don't count
For some reason I just don't see Neanderthalis having the same adaptive strategies as Modern Man. I think that's how we survived when they didn't .... Which would also - IMO - suggest the first humans in the Americas being Modern man (ie the better you are at adapting quickly to changing environments etc the more likely you are to become widely spread. Rats are another highly adaptive creature. Koalas less so .... )
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Actually, from my experience to date, geologists are more open to the idea of man's early entry into North America, than archeologists

That could be because most geologists didn't get their PH. Ds. by affirming the Bering Strait model.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Minimalist wrote:
Actually, from my experience to date, geologists are more open to the idea of man's early entry into North America, than archeologists

That could be because most geologists didn't get their PH. Ds. by affirming the Bering Strait model.
Thats why we stay fascinated with Charlie. :wink:
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stan

Post by stan »

that's pretty :)

you call it "unknown"...

hasn't anyone established a typology for the points from
your area?

We have the work of Geoffrey Coe and his successors here in NC.
The deeper you go, the higher you fly.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Hatchett

deleted
Last edited by Charlie Hatchett on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.