On The Tube

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

On The Tube

Post by Beagle »

Tonight on PBS is a show about marine archaeology. It has archaeologists diving off the coast of Egypt to explore the Lighthouse of Alexandria.

Check local listings.
stan

Post by stan »

i've seen it. It makes a convincing case for
finding the ruins, and there is a computer reconstruction.
The deeper you go, the higher you fly.
Digit

Post by Digit »

We've had it over here as well Beag.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Is that the one with the two French divers?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Barracuda

Post by Barracuda »

I've seen several shows on this. As a SCUBA diver they catch my interest. A finds like that in 30' of water is every diver's dream.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

There is a show on Discovery right now that's interesting. Called "2057" it's about the world as it may be 50 yrs. from now.

Pretty interesting.

Not history but possible future history. 8)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sweet Jesus, The Exodus Decoded is playing now on History channel.
Warning. :shock:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tomorrow evening - Super Bowl.
'Nuf said.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tonight on PBS - a Nova program on the "First Americans". It's a repeat but if you haven't seen it, don't miss it. Check local listings for time. 8)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

After a long spell of poor TV programming, History channel and Discovery are both presenting what appears to be two good programs at the same time.

What else is new?

Discovery has a two hour program on the purported claims about the discovery of the Jesus ossuary.

History has a two hour program about the Middle Ages.

I fear that I will disagree with some of both. Anyone willing to stay up late can watch them both since they repeat after a couple hours interval. Check local listings. 8)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Thank goodness for DVD+RW's!

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tonight on the History Channel, in a new episode of "Digging for the Truth", Josh Bernstein is in Machu Picchu.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

DFT wasn't too bad. Once you get past the fact that the host is some kind of adrenaline junkie. Okay, I do watch the show, I'm old not dead. I thought the idea that Machu Picchu was some kind of commerce center was interesting. Usually they try to make it out to be purely religious. The finding of an area to keep the llamas was new to me, that would point to a lot of people coming and going. The whole place blows my mind, how did they move those huge stones and the cut them to such exacting shapes. It's on my list of places to see.
stan

Post by stan »

Hi, Leona! Nice to hear from you, especially that you aren't dead! :)
The deeper you go, the higher you fly.