And I thought the news page was good!

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

ravenwing5910

And I thought the news page was good!

Post by ravenwing5910 »

Hello Everyone.

I'll admit I have been eaves dropping for a few days now, and I would like to say that there is some very interesting reading to be done here. I think this is (mostly) a nice forum.

To introduce myself, my "real' name is Therese, I am a student Anthropology is my major, archaeology my passion. I am not 19, my son is 19. After years of doing what was expected, I am now pursuing my dream. So if you don't mind, I am looking forward to continued eaves dropping (in the pursuit of knowledge) and occasionally tweaking a nose or two (just for fun), but really to get more info on a subject I may find interesting. 8)
Keyvanrahmadi

Re: And I thought the news page was good!

Post by Keyvanrahmadi »

ravenwing5910 wrote:Hello Everyone.

I'll admit I have been eaves dropping for a few days now, and I would like to say that there is some very interesting reading to be done here. I think this is (mostly) a nice forum.

To introduce myself, my "real' name is Therese, I am a student Anthropology is my major, archaeology my passion. I am not 19, my son is 19. After years of doing what was expected, I am now pursuing my dream. So if you don't mind, I am looking forward to continued eaves dropping (in the pursuit of knowledge) and occasionally tweaking a nose or two (just for fun), but really to get more info on a subject I may find interesting. 8)
Welcome and i hope you find a home like i have amoung all the talented people who post here :)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Hello Raven. Welcome to the forum. I've read a couple of your posts, and I'm pretty jealous that you have the opportunity to go back to school as you are.

Most folks here are very nice and I hope you enjoy it. :)
marduk

Post by marduk »

hi Raven
just be careful of anyone telling you that most folks are nice
reeks of an agenda doesnt it
personally im sure you're adult enough to make up your own mind
:wink:
Cognito

Hi

Post by Cognito »

Hi Raven and welcome to this Forum. Glad to read that you are pursuing your dream ... what part of Oregon do you call home?
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

I practically never look in this forum so new-comers probably think I'm a snob. Welcome R/W. Although you've already been posting for awhile.

8)
ravenwing5910

Post by ravenwing5910 »

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I have jumped into a few discussions, just testing the waters. Yes Marduk, I have noticed a few witty replies, but all in good fun I am sure, and you have all been quite nice to me (so far). Cognito... it all depends on the time of day. I live in the Capitol, but spend alot of time in our only real city (for classes) but I also spend a great deal of time out and about the mountains and the east/central parts of this great state (and yes I love the rain).
well I am off to another class, math (I hate math). :?
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Another big welcome Raven. My favorite part of your beautiful state is Astoria and Winchester Bay. Eventually I will leave SoCal and land there!

Michelle
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Keyvanrahmadi

Post by Keyvanrahmadi »

marduk wrote:hi Raven
just be careful of anyone telling you that most folks are nice
reeks of an agenda doesnt it
personally im sure you're adult enough to make up your own mind
:wink:
yes Raven you really have to becarefull about this one specially
Cognito

Oregon

Post by Cognito »

Cognito... it all depends on the time of day. I live in the Capitol, but spend alot of time in our only real city (for classes) but I also spend a great deal of time out and about the mountains and the east/central parts of this great state (and yes I love the rain).
well I am off to another class, math (I hate math).
Ah, yes. I understand. I was born in your only real city and my grandfather passed away in the Capitol. I went to college in Eugene. We used to spend a lot of time on the ocean at the city named after the president and I agree with your assessment of the mountains and east/central part ... :D
ravenwing5910

Post by ravenwing5910 »

Michelle, did you hear Astoria is sinking? (big sink hole). it is a beautiful little town, I would love to explore a few attics in those old homes. I lived in California (bay area) for a short time, I'm afraid I didn't like it (no weather). Hope you get a chance to get up here again soon.

Gognito. I am guessing UofO, What area of study if I can ask? 8)
Cognito

Astoria

Post by Cognito »

Michelle, did you hear Astoria is sinking? (big sink hole). it is a beautiful little town, I would love to explore a few attics in those old homes. I lived in California (bay area) for a short time, I'm afraid I didn't like it (no weather). Hope you get a chance to get up here again soon.

Cognito. I am guessing UofO, What area of study if I can ask?
Astoria is a cool town ... don't tell me the tower is affected also, alright? That's the only place in my childhood that I experienced vertigo. The tower is only about 200 feet high but it sits on a cliff that's about 500 feet or so. Hanging over the railing at age 10 it seemed over a mile. :shock:

Area of study, hmmm ... I did initiate a successful beer-study program on Friday nights, but other than that biochemistry and genetics. Try mixing that with football. Must have made me a nerdly running back. :D
Forum Monk

Re: Astoria

Post by Forum Monk »

Cognito wrote:Must have made me a nerdly running back. :D
Believe it or not, you probably were not considered a nerd if you played football, as nerds are usually physically inept:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

[since you mentioned grammar in reference to one my posts, I can't resist saying that nerdy is the adjective form and 'nerdly' (if there is such a word) would be the adverb. i.e. he looks nerdy and he acts nerdly. :lol:]
Cognito

Adj. vs. Adv.

Post by Cognito »

since you mentioned grammar in reference to one my posts, I can't resist saying that nerdy is the adjective form and 'nerdly' (if there is such a word) would be the adverb. i.e. he looks nerdy and he acts nerdly.
You are correct; however, in my defense I was referring to my actions as opposed to looks. Therefore, I did make up the word to suit my own purpose and willingly accept your foul. BTW, the word is common usage in our household to describe occasional teen bevahior. :D

Digit: defence, behaviour, so on and so forth.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Recently I was looking through a family album and came across this gem:

I always feel nostaglic looking back at when I was in my prime.

:lol: