Mulitregional vs Out of Africa

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

ravenwing5910

Post by ravenwing5910 »

If there was by chance a parallel evolution, would the bottleneck have occured globally? The evidence for this is in the old world since "they" do not accept the possibility of independent evolution of humans in the Americas. 8)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It's only recently that someone can propose human presence in the Americas prior to Clovis without getting booted out of the room on their butt....as Charlie and Cogs are trying to show.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
ravenwing5910

Post by ravenwing5910 »

new ideas are rarely greated with enthusiasm. :wink:
Digit

Post by Digit »

And frequently with brickbats RW. I would still like to know just how many people were alive before the suggested collapse in population 70 to 80000 yrs ago. If stone age people made it to the Americas after that event could they have not done earlier, and if they did then died out due to climate change many of the pre-clovis objections disappear.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

ravenwing5910 wrote:new ideas are rarely greated with enthusiasm. :wink:

You are developing a talent for understatement. :wink:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Bottlenecks

Post by Cognito »

If there was by chance a parallel evolution, would the bottleneck have occured globally? The evidence for this is in the old world since "they" do not accept the possibility of independent evolution of humans in the Americas.
The Toba event would have created a global bottleneck due to its estimated six year global winter and resulting plunge into severe ice age conditions for a millenium. As I recall, the Yellowstone cauldera blew about 640,000bp and created similar conditions. If the worldwide population was sparse at the time, there wouldn't be much evidence to be found in the first place. Archaeologists at Calico and Hueyatlaco are searching for bones, but in the case of Calico the soil is such that bones do not survive long. However, lacustrine deposits five miles away at Lake Manix show promise. 8)

I believe I picked up an interesting, petrified bone at a site near mine, and I plan to ship it to Charlie for a look. Since it eroded to the surface it will never count as definitive, but I know where I found it and a little digging could pay off after the sites stratigraphy is analyzed. My SWAG is 25,000bp or greater. :shock:

Charlie ... you read that? Incoming ... :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Well a bone is promising. But a human bone would be a coup d'etat for the preclovis paradigm.

:wink:
Cognito

Bone

Post by Cognito »

Well a bone is promising. But a human bone would be a coup d'etat for the preclovis paradigm.
I didn't say that it wasn't a human bone, FM. It looks like a broken human tibia. 8)
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

I believe I picked up an interesting, petrified bone at a site near mine, and I plan to ship it to Charlie for a look. Since it eroded to the surface it will never count as definitive, but I know where I found it and a little digging could pay off after the sites stratigraphy is analyzed. My SWAG is 25,000bp or greater.

Charlie ... you read that? Incoming ...
Dude! :shock:

If you have what you think is a human bone, don't ship it to me, get it to the nearest anthropology dept ASAP. If it is in fact a human bone, they'll be all over it, and you can get you a pro arch team out there. 8)

Got a pic by chance?
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
marduk

Post by marduk »

I believe I picked up an interesting, petrified bone at a site near mine, and I plan to ship it to Charlie for a look. Since it eroded to the surface it will never count as definitive, but I know where I found it and a little digging could pay off after the sites stratigraphy is analyzed. My SWAG is 25,000bp or greater
aha you found him then
was he in the depression ?
:lol:
Cognito

Bone

Post by Cognito »

If you have what you think is a human bone, don't ship it to me, get it to the nearest anthropology dept ASAP. If it is in fact a human bone, they'll be all over it, and you can get you a pro arch team out there. Got a pic by chance?
Patience, Charlie (why did I say that?). We will speak about this one by PM before it goes further. You'll understand why.
aha you found him then
was he in the depression ?

Marduk, this came from a different area. However, I believe you are correct that the ravines on the east side are where bones will be recovered, if at all. It just makes sense.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Don't worry Marduk.
No ones found out your "secret" yet.

:lol:
marduk

Post by marduk »

shhhh
the feds monitor this place Y'know
:shock:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The feds monitor every place.

-- George Carlin
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

Quote:
If you have what you think is a human bone, don't ship it to me, get it to the nearest anthropology dept ASAP. If it is in fact a human bone, they'll be all over it, and you can get you a pro arch team out there. Got a pic by chance?

Patience, Charlie (why did I say that?). We will speak about this one by PM before it goes further. You'll understand why.
Roger that. 8)
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com