Marduks movie corner

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Monk, but you're a little late. You have watched one kid fighting for several months, so now there are two. I hate to get into it with a pig, as I come out pretty smelly. After months of his tirades, you've only seen this two days.

When he has learned his lesson and acts right, we'll start getting our posters back.

I presented my case. He won't admit I'm right. Bill Clinton has nothing on this guy.
marduk

Post by marduk »

:lol:
haha
Nebankh

Post by Nebankh »

Most people are reluctant to jump into a fray as its often more exciting to read it than be a combatant, so to speak.
Exciting? I was hoping for someone to come with a gun and just shoot the two of them.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Now THAT would be exciting.
:lol:

ps I think its time for ice cream again.
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

I got some therapy for you boys. 8)

Get your butts over here and help me dig. After a 12 hour day of hauling rocks we'll let you guys fight all you want. :lol:
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm sorry about all this Charlie. Maybe it won't take too long.
Charlie Hatchett

I'm sorry about all this Charlie. Maybe it won't take too long.
Just ignore one another. 8)
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Beagle wrote:Thanks Monk, but you're a little late. You have watched one kid fighting for several months, so now there are two. I hate to get into it with a pig, as I come out pretty smelly. After months of his tirades, you've only seen this two days.

When he has learned his lesson and acts right, we'll start getting our posters back.

I presented my case. He won't admit I'm right. Bill Clinton has nothing on this guy.
What case, Beag. If the case is, Marduks a liar, he will never admit it and its really off topic anyway. If you're talking about the Potokia Monolith. Why do you insist you must be correct? I think Marduk has made a good counter with evidence. Before the fight started, that is.

You're right about one thing. I didnt want to step in but now that I have, I must bear some responsiblility I suppose for remaining silent at the FOTG thread. My only post iirc was a critism of the posts as generally uninformative, with little substance for me personally. You interpreted that as a support of Marduk and it was just me stating an opinion. Marduk has some sort of beef with the pseudo-science, Hancock, Bauval, things. I don't understand it, as only he could explain it. In any case, I am sorry for letting it go. Apologies to you and Min. But don't take rebuttal and counter-claims as attacks.

:)
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Charlie Hatchett wrote:I got some therapy for you boys. 8)

Get your butts over here and help me dig. After a 12 hour day of hauling rocks we'll let you guys fight all you want. :lol:
Gotta agree with you Charlie. Rock hauling will take the fight out of anyone.

:wink:
Charlie Hatchett

Gotta agree with you Charlie. Rock hauling will take the fight out of anyone.
It will certainly force you to prioritize your efforts. :wink:
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Cognito

Black & White

Post by Cognito »

What case, Beag. If the case is, Marduks a liar, he will never admit it and its really off topic anyway. If you're talking about the Potokia Monolith. Why do you insist you must be correct? I think Marduk has made a good counter with evidence. Before the fight started, that is.

You're right about one thing. I didnt want to step in but now that I have, I must bear some responsiblility I suppose for remaining silent at the FOTG thread. My only post iirc was a critism of the posts as generally uninformative, with little substance for me personally. You interpreted that as a support of Marduk and it was just me stating an opinion. Marduk has some sort of beef with the pseudo-science, Hancock, Bauval, things. I don't understand it, as only he could explain it. In any case, I am sorry for letting it go. Apologies to you and Min. But don't take rebuttal and counter-claims as attacks.
I wish the world was as black & white as projected, but it just isn't. With regard to supporting one side or the other, I claim to support neither when it comes to bickering. On the Marduk side I believe he is adept at getting directly to most matters and shows a rare talent for critical analysis. Notice that I said "critical", not "critisizing" ... I value critical ... to be critisized I only need to speak with my wife on a bad day. On the other hand, Beagle brings a lot of information to the Forum that would be missed otherwise and I appreciate his tenacity.

Charlie is correct. Hauling rocks for 12 hours will stop any bitching. Look at what he's doing, boys. His efforts could turn North American archaeology upside-down and the "Hatchett site" is now mentioned prior to every Calico tour. The point? Either keep your bitching to PMs or go haul rocks. If Charlie runs out of rocks, you can always pound sand! :evil:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Charlie Hatchett

His efforts could turn North American archaeology upside-down and the "Hatchett site" is now mentioned prior to every Calico tour.
You bullshit me! :shock:

Are you serious, Cog?

I'm not worthy...yet. :twisted:
Charlie Hatchett

www.preclovis.com
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Yes Cogs. After all the negativity, let me also say some nice things.

Beagle is an intelligent man and obviously knows things about archaeology and history. He has proven it time and again with insightful comments on a wide range of subjects. And yes, I think he is a nice guy.

Marduk is also brilliant and thinks out of the box. Often he is so far ahead of me, I need to play catchup to understand his thought process. But usually his style is direct, sharp and to the point. (and often with a clever wit).

Lets move on, now.

:)
Cognito

Calico

Post by Cognito »

Holy crap, Charlie ... I already told you that in a previous convesation! All those rocks must be accelerating your Alzheimers. Yes, your site is mentioned in the preamble to the Calico tour. Get a frikken date and your site will be mentioned more! :D

You are doing some serious work that will help grind Clovis Firsters into the dust ... go get 'em! :twisted:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I wish the world was as black & white as projected
Sorry Cogs, but concerning a lie he told yesterday, and two today, it is black and white.

If he wants to tell one tomorrow, we'll have to discuss it. The reason it takes so long is because he spends time trying to weasel out of it and changing the subject.

So, stay tuned.