Well then, a big ol' Texas "yee haaah" is due. :P
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Charlie Hatchett wrote:Well then, a big ol' Texas "yee haaah" is due. :P
Gotta a feeling Charlie just got a jump start. Watch the rocks come up outta embankment now. Michelles gonna need a bigger server.
:wink:
Cognito

Texas

Post by Cognito »

Monk, anytime someone from Texas yells "yee haaah" run for cover. Either something blows up, goes over a cliff, or the women get pregnant. Sometimes all three at once. :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Beagle wrote:
I wish the world was as black & white as projected
Sorry Cogs, but concerning a lie he told yesterday, and two today, it is black and white.

If he wants to tell one tomorrow, we'll have to discuss it. The reason it takes so long is because he spends time trying to weasel out of it and changing the subject.

So, stay tuned.
Just want to add that you need to read the entire discussion though. It will help you to form an opinion.
marduk

Post by marduk »

haha
:lol:
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

Gotta a feeling Charlie just got a jump start. Watch the rocks come up outta embankment now. Michelles gonna need a bigger server.

:wink:
Monk, anytime someone from Texas yells "yee haaah" run for cover. Either something blows up, goes over a cliff, or the women get pregnant. Sometimes all three at once. :D

Thanks for plugging the site out there in "West Texas", Pat. Tell Fred "thanks a million" too!
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Another thread of bickering....we're done here. No more.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Starflower

Post by Starflower »

I think this topic started out to be about the movie 300, so here goes.

My daughter made me go see this movie with her on Sunday. She was interested in all the hot bodies. I must say she was not disappointed, I had to wipe the drool off of her face several times. I annoyed all the serious minded by giggling throughout most of it. If you can ignore the tons of spraying blood, the Matrix like effects and the too gay Xerxes it is a good comic book movie. Okay, so you can't ignore all that, but I'm still glad I saw it. All those oiled bodies were well worth the time.

Star
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"Give us the timber or we'll go all stupid and lawless on your butts". --Redcloud, MTF
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Monk's "shades of gay" scale:

1 - Barely gay
2 - Not very gay
3 - Kinda gay
4 - Pretty gay
5 - Gay
6 - Definately gay
7 - Very gay
8 - Too gay
9 - Extremely gay
10- Gayer than gay

So Xerxes must have been an 8.

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Hello Star, nice to see you. As you can see, and as I emailed you, the board is a bit different. (Min a mod?) :lol: :lol:

Nice to get a womans take on the movie. I'll be seeing it soon but it's sounding like my sons will enjoy it more than I will. (except for the #8 Xerxes)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Starflower wrote:I think this topic started out to be about the movie 300, so here goes.

My daughter made me go see this movie with her on Sunday. She was interested in all the hot bodies. I must say she was not disappointed, I had to wipe the drool off of her face several times. I annoyed all the serious minded by giggling throughout most of it. If you can ignore the tons of spraying blood, the Matrix like effects and the too gay Xerxes it is a good comic book movie. Okay, so you can't ignore all that, but I'm still glad I saw it. All those oiled bodies were well worth the time.

Star

I have a very good friend (also female) who went to see this movie and had the same reaction. She had a hard time believing me when I told her that the "Spartans" did not fight like this:

but, more like this:

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

My husband and I went to see the move in IMAX format. We had no preconceived notions of any historical accuracy. We went for the choreographed production, the filming effects and graphics. From an entertainment standpoint; I loved the movie, he enjoyed it. Even the flying blood wasn’t all that gory. (Maybe I should have prefaced this review that I am a huge fan of the horror genre, Rob Zombie/Quentin Tarantino style. Yes I know I need professional help.)

Bare-chested men in leather was a bonus. :shock:

See the Joke page for a bit of political fall out humor about this movie.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I can see a whole rash of re-makes as Hollywood looks to cash in on the bare-chested men craze.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Star

Post by Cognito »

All those oiled bodies were well worth the time.
Welcome back, Star! We just knew something would bring you back here sooner or later and if that something was oiled bodies so be it. You will find this Forum always willing to do whatever is necessary to accommodate your latest urges! :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Nebankh

Post by Nebankh »

I heard the best review so far about the 300 today (I'm a radio gal, not a tv gal)

My favourite radio station (XFM) said simply 'This film contains A LOT OF SHOUTING'