Wrap-up: current state in the view on evolution

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

Minimalist wrote:
parts of Europe are currently subject to a heat wave in which people are dying,

But who is dying, Dig? The old? The young? The middle?

If its the old, they are probably not the cutting edge of the gene-spreading base. If it's the young you might have a point.
I think Leona brings up a good point: A/C's. It takes time to acclimate to hot weather. Every summer, when high school football kicks in here in Texas, there are always a couple of deaths. The coaches push the liquids big time. After a few weeks in the heat the "shock factor" seems to go away. I remember when I first started working the site here in July it absolutely kicked my butt. By August, which was even hotter, it wasn't a big deal as long as there was plenty of liquid available.
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:
parts of Europe are currently subject to a heat wave in which people are dying,
But who is dying, Dig? The old? The young? The middle?

If its the old, they are probably not the cutting edge of the gene-spreading base. If it's the young you might have a point.
It's all old people that succumb to the heat. The very young would be next if not taken special care of. The middle are the strongest. The gene pool.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

So if old people die they would not be passing their genes on in any case. Thus no heat adjustment genetic change.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I don't have any details on this at moment Min, last time it was mainly the the elderly.
War Arrow

Re: Evolution

Post by War Arrow »

fossiltrader wrote:Nice article i do wonder though did you note that the article assumes that archaic homo left Africa only 50,000 years ago and spread every where? This i would question ,the time line does not appear to take into consideration the developement out side Africa at all which i know is still a looked down on idea.
In fact the timeline takes for granted all development took place only within Africa they may be right but to assume such a thing to fit a theory can trip you up.
Terry
Sorry I'm late.
Er... I've read a reasonable bit on evolutionary theory and history but I must admit I can't remember coming across any statement of there being (or even not being) a specific point or place at which human evolution suddenly settled into a fixed routine. Are you suggesting this idea is really taken seriously in some places?
Honestly - I'm not being funny, just really surprised.
For example, the idea that you'd get a bunch of fair skinned people well adapted to northern climes evolving in Africa, then realising they'd better start looking for somewhere else to live is obviously crazy.
Or is it just me?
fossiltrader

0ut Of Africa.

Post by fossiltrader »

I think you missed the point, there the out of Africa theory and Regionalismn what i pointed out was the article posted ignored regionalismn and the research as stated in the article claimed man left Africa 50,000 years ago therefore developed within that continent.
Also 50,000 years is still debated my whole reply was pointing out inconsistencies within the research in fact mainly that opinions appear to have been selected to support the theory though none chosen to contest it which is at best poor science sorry you missed it.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Hi WA, where you been?
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Digit wrote:Hi WA, where you been?
Long story Roy, though I condensed it into a few sentences in a post on the guests etc. forum. Anyway, nice to be back.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Minimalist wrote:So if old people die they would not be passing their genes on in any case. Thus no heat adjustment genetic change.
Along with the very young, they would be most troubled and likely to go first. The middle agers have most likely finished reproducing, so if there's any change it would show in their offspring. And that just so happens to be the ones we are affecting the most with artificial environments. I know my grandchildren can't go to school if the A/C isn't working (they actually close school) they ride around in air conditioned cars, spend their time in air conditioned malls, etc. Wonder how their kids will take the heat? :?