Hatshepsut

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Hatshepsut

Post by Minimalist »

There's a 2 hour Discovery Channel special on her going on right now. I'm recording it so if anyone is interested, sing out.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Starflower

Post by Starflower »

Singing my little heart out. :lol: I love this lady!

Star
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"Give us the timber or we'll go all stupid and lawless on your butts". --Redcloud, MTF
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Okay. I have to edit it yet. It was two hours and I doubt that just dividing it will make it small enough for Pando.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Can you export it as Quicktime? Or Windows Media File?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I have no idea. I usually use something called DVD Shrink to convert it to digital.

Is there some other program that would work.

I've finished editing and dividing the movie. It's copying to a DVD+RW right now.

-- George Carlin
Mayonaze

Post by Mayonaze »

Their rational for why the "screaming mummy" looked the way it did was pretty lame. Rigor mortis or not, if the person was important enough to justify mumification they would have been positioned according to the standard of the time. The position of the body is puzzle-ing, but to say the position of the body is evidence of a violent death is baloney. I would like to know more about the wound to the head tho.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Careless embalmers of a royal servant?

Ready with Part 1. Rokcet, let me know if it works.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Haven't seen it, May but as you said , rubbish. Rigor doesn't last for ever!
Rokcet Scientist

I see a .VOB file of 740.1MB. It started downloading the first 20MB at between 300 and 400 KB/s, but now that's dropped to 40 KB/s...
I'll get back when I've got it in and tested.
Rokcet Scientist

Mayonaze wrote:Their rational for why the "screaming mummy" looked the way it did was pretty lame. Rigor mortis or not, if the person was important enough to justify mumification they would have been positioned according to the standard of the time. The position of the body is puzzle-ing, but to say the position of the body is evidence of a violent death is baloney. I would like to know more about the wound to the head tho.
Rigor Mortis sets in about 3-4 hours after death, and stops again after 72 hours. We may assume Pharaoh's embalmers knew that they would just have to wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Mayonaze wrote:Their rational for why the "screaming mummy" looked the way it did was pretty lame. Rigor mortis or not, if the person was important enough to justify mumification they would have been positioned according to the standard of the time. The position of the body is puzzle-ing, but to say the position of the body is evidence of a violent death is baloney. I would like to know more about the wound to the head tho.
Guess when they figured out that it wasn't the mummy they were looking for, they dropped the ball (so to speak). I too would like to know more about her. It was probably the most interesting part of the show. Fortunately I taped it so I can go back and review the parts I missed when I dozed off . :roll:

BTW, it will be shown again tonight on the Science Channel at 9 p.m. (if you get that one)
Rokcet Scientist

Got the .VOB file in. But none of my players reads it. I'm now trying to convert it to Quicktime (.mov) with ffmpegX. But that's gonna take a while obviously (if it works at all). Anyway, at least ffmpegX 'saw' the .VOB file!
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:Got the .VOB file in. But none of my players reads it. I'm now trying to convert it to Quicktime (.mov) with ffmpegX. But that's gonna take a while obviously (if it works at all). Anyway, at least ffmpegX 'saw' the .VOB file!
Windows Media Player Classic plays VOB and MOV files, find it online as a free download. It takes less time to download and install than convert a huge file.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That sounds like good advice. The second upload is going very slowly.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I had to shut down Part II. It was crawling and we have t-storms in the area.

I shut my computer down for a while.

I'll restart tomorrow.

-- George Carlin